explanation

sorry this isn't a chapter, i just wanted to clear up a few things:

1. yes, i'm aware this is far from harry's personality in real life. this story is an au, meaning alternate universe that uses harry's name and features, but with some changes such as his personality, height, and fame. my intention isn't to cast harry in a bad light, this is just how i imagine this character (:

2. even though nina occasionally calls lena mom, jake and lena never dated. they have always thought of each other more as brother and sister. jake and lena have been through a lot since they met, and to repay him for always being there for her and helping her (in ways that aren't revealed until later) she helps with nina.

3. lena can fight again, she was only given a disciplinary suspension. however, she feels as though she can't because she is scared. she's discouraged and afraid that she will let her emotions overcome her and lose it again. it's a touchy subject for her and what happened isn't entirely revealed yet but will be.

4. harry is struggling. yes, he has a range rover but it is a very old one that is pretty run down and on its way out—there is a reason for why he has it. other than des, his family isn't really mentioned yet on purpose. for now, we know he is on his own and living paycheck to paycheck (or fight to fight).

5. lena's incident occurred when she was 19, almost 20 and she's now 21. harry is 23. i kept them younger for a reason.

6. jake trusts lena and knows she would never bring anyone around she didn't deem safe or okay, which is why he didn't mind harry being around or mind nina hugging him.

7. this story will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions. things can go from joyous to angry in a matter of seconds. bare with me, if you've made it this far trust me, you're going to like it.

8. i think we can all agree nina is the best.

finally, thank you guys so, so much for reading! a couple month ago this book was slowly climbing to 5k and somehow now its at 10! i can't wait for you all to see how this is going to turn out. (: