Chapter 18 - So... Who Kidnapped You?

It... It was... "Erik?!" You asked him aloud, very confused. Erik was in his superhero outfit and he grinned widely.

"That's right! I am the leader of the brotherhood." Erik stated, with a grin on his face.

"I... Why am I chained up, Erik?! And what is the brotherhood? Why did you make Alex attack me and my friends?" You asked him, frantically. You still didn't really know what was going on. You were so confused and didn't know what to think about all of this.

Erik laughed and explained, "Simply to kidnap you. It was all a part of my plan and I devised it to get you onto our side. So since you're chained up, I'll explain it all to you now. You see, Hope, The official name of the my team is The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. We are a special team of mutants dedicated to the superiority of the mutant race over the human race. I figure if I could get you to be on our team, Peter and Wanda will follow. You are their best friends and I would love to have three strong mutants just like the three of you. You three would be of very good use to me and the others. We are a small group so far. But if I can get you on my side, maybe we could have others to follow in your footsteps and join the brotherhood as well. Hope, you already are very respected as a mutant and it would be an honor to have you on the team."

You eyed him curiously and said to him, "Erik... You could have just explained it to me and it would be okay. But you made him attack my friends? I don't know how I feel about that..." You were still concerned with how Clint was healing from Alex's attack. You, Peter, and Wanda were very worried at the time that he would not be okay for a while. Thankfully, Clint healed fine.

"I understand. But I'm afraid I'll leave you with two decisions... either you join us or i'll make Alex kill you if you say no. I'll give you some time to think about it." Erik simply said to you, then leaving the room.

"Did he just say that he would make Alex kill me if I say no? Aw crap... So either I say no and I get killed or I say yes and join this Evil team... Man, I wanted to join the X-Men! But maybe... Maybe I still can..." You thought to yourself. You thought of the choice you had made in your head. After a few minutes, Erik came back into the room.

"So, Hope, what is your decision?" Erik asked you, looking right in your eyes.

"I've decided to join your team. But... I would still like to go to mutant school to sharpen my abilities." You explained to him and Erik said, "I wouldn't want it any other way. They will help you, even if they are the enemies." You just agreed with him and he unchained you and you walked right behind him out of the door. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Alex sort of smile at you.

You walked beside Erik down the hallway he had led you. You looked where he was taking you and he opened a door, once you got to the end of the hallway. He told you to go before him and you were on the lawn of the school. You looked around and saw a flicker of silver. "Peter..." You thought. You looked behind you and Erik still hadn't came out into the lawn. Peter stopped running and looked at you and put his pointer finger to his lips and made a shh motion, then sped away. You wondered what in the world he was doing.

Then, Erik came out to the lawn and almost immediately Peter ran over and kicked Erik's back, knocking him flat first into the grass. "RUN!" Peter yelled to you and you did what your amazing boyfriend told you. You ran as fast as you could, until you were far enough for you to see them, but not you.

You saw Peter beating Erik/Magneto/His Dad up and you couldn't stand to watch it. After you saw that, you ran straight to your dorm room. Once you got back to your room, Everyone who had been at the sleepover had gone. The only person who was there was Leslie. "Where have you been? Everyone's been looking for you! We just gave up like five minutes ago looking for you!" Leslie exclaimed, concerned.