000. PROLOGUE

oh you great unfinished symphony.

000. THE PROLOGUE FOR MAKE 'EM LAUGH WILL BEGIN IN A MOMENT.

"𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗆, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄 𝗒𝗈𝗎"

Painfully shy,
Katherley Reynolds goes through the motions; watching and listening.

Though one grand party and a tacky lie just might change it all.

___

            Confidence. Something that the world seemed to choose to give. Apparently it was to be earned, though the downward stares and auras of most who walked the same corridors screamed they knew their place and demanded it be at the top of the food chain.

Confidence. The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust. Yet, she believed that to be exactly the issue.

            What was she to do if she wasn't able to 'rely' or 'have a firm trust' in herself. She lacked the nerve, the grit to even speak up much less answer a query sent to her from her charms professor.

            An unbearable heat would crawl and scratch its way through the body. Racking it as though it were disciplining for being too incompitent. Next, the terrible, horrendous, spiteful red hue that would overtake the very face that everyone seemed to be looking at with their piercing gazes and inpatient glares. Her doe like brown eyes would swivel panicky about the room, seemingly being the only thing to be able to move other than the mind which had happened to be spinning one hundred miles an hour. Overthinking taking up the main basis topics.

            It was a never ending cycle. A painstakingly agonizing cycle that plagued a select few with its murderous claws. Scratching and clawing at their throats until those around rolled their eyes and moved on to those top of the food chain confident few.

            Then the after party, if you will. The blank stares as the mind takes a breath for one moment before the storm crashes and worms it's venomous hands back to the mind to plead its case. Telling the jury just why you mouth had decided to stay sealed when confronted with those prying gazes and sneered mouths. Though it was not heard up there in the mind and would only result in the silent storm becoming a tsunami.

            All while the professor moves on and the person in front of the storm sits quietly, swallows, and drives their gaze to the floorboards. Only startled out of the tsunami by the clam waves of a friend nudging the arm and giving up a silent yet encouraging smile.

            Though not for long as the waves would drain from the dry sand and leave her stranded on the dry beaches as she was forced back into the real world, though maybe it was a form of fresh air from her monstrous thoughts.

"--- Ms. Reynolds. Ah yes, nice of you to join us back in the real world."

The uncomfortable sensation of the rose red blood that fled to her cheeks made her swear quietly under her breath.

"Please stay after class. I have something I must discuss with you. Class dismissed."

            And the clawing thoughts, tsunamis, and angry blood red face was back and ready to stay for as long is unnecessarily necessary. 

❛𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙢𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪.❜

now, a word from the author.

so welcome to make 'em laugh! this prologue was kinda last min but i just wanted to publish something for now so it's just a waiting game to see when inspo strikes to publish chapter one! i'm thinking real soon but ya never know ;') i do however have it completely planned out and all set i just need to write the actual full chapters. if you haven't noticed by now, this will be very vaguely based off Singing in the Rain the film/musical. you really don't need to have seen either or even listened to the songs though all are great, it will just be more of a surprise for you if you haven't! i really hope you all will love lee and kathy as much as i do and enjoy their love story <3