001. LIBRARY MELODIES

chapter one;
library melodies
MAKE 'EM LAUGH !

chapter one; library melodiesMAKE 'EM LAUGH !

LISTENING. Words flying past her head. Swarming her like an angered nest of yellow jackets. The cooling touch of the wood gleaned table on her heated skin causes her shoulders to fall in relaxation.

Katherley sighed as she listened. Never interrupting or starting conversations. Only listening as she was encased with relaxation, hearing the only two people she cared enough to listen to.

The swarms of angered insects calm as the soothing melodic sounds of a woman's voice come to swat off the yellow jackets with soft graces and calm waves.

Nialey Mertia sat on the mahogany finished table as she contradicted the swarm of angered words fumbling from the thin lips of a sweater clad young man. Her words seemed to calm Katherley and the boy beside them. The boy being the angered whispers of yellow jackets.

His sentenced out phrases died on his lips when the young lady spoke. His eyes gleaming as he listened.

Listening. What a wonderful thing to be able to do. A wondrous blessing that can somehow form its rearing head into a wretched curse.

Nialey continued her phrases, the soothing words dancing from her mouth-

"Kath. Katherley! Are you listening to anything I've been saying?"

Katherley's heads shot up, the soothing waves and the swarming insects coming to a halt then fading off from view, back to the oceans and fields. She almost missed them.

"Kath, I gave you a pass when you said you didn't sleep well, but now it's just. . ." she paused, thinking of a word, "Rude." Katherley looked up from where she was staring, about to speak up when the young man sitting next to her spoke up, "All the words and to end the statement, really send it off, and you choose, 'rude.'" The yellow and black clad boy stood up beside them then sat back down closer, "that's- that's" he looked to Nialey, his insult dying on his lips at her gaze "nevermind."

Nialey continued to smile, not knowing what he was getting at in the first place.

The two girls looked up from each other and out towards the boy seated beside them. Ah, the yellow jackets make their comeback.

Downy Kelter shook his head, "no actually, nevermind, Nia is right Katherley, you've been emotionally and vocally unavailable since Flitwick called you to stay after practice exams last week.

Katherley wasn't listening, she was too focused on the lordly lions emitting from the table across the way, she shuddered as she thought about it. "You know, they're so loud, all the time."

The two friends glanced at each other before looking to where their friend was softly looking at the Gryffindors as four of them tussled over the last English muffin.