✮ 𝟎𝟎𝟓 ✮

Start from the beginning

Natasha jumped off on the roof as Marlene landed next to Loki. She kicked the scepter away as she neared the god.

Next to Marlene, the Hulk landed with a loud grunt. Marlene smirked, letting the energy dance in her fingertips as Loki was kicked into the nearest wall.

Loki stood shakily, enraged and angry. He stared at Marlene with hatred. "ENOUGH! YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU ARE BENEATH ME! I AM A GOD, YOU DULL CREATURE, AND I WILL NOT BE BULLIED—"

Hulk grabbed Loki by his legs and smashed him against the floor repeatedly. Loki was groaning in pain as the Hulk finally threw him aside, flattening him in the floor.

"PUNY GOD!" Hulk roared.

"Good job, Mr. Hulk," Marlene murmured, giving him a small smile. He gave her a rougish smirk back as she walked near Loki. "I told you you'd lose, Loki."

Loki whimpered in pain. "You're foolish to believe you will never be feared. You're chaos."

"Your brother called me a Galactic Savior. I like that view better," she said with a smirk, sending two rays of blue energy on Loki's hands to keep him from moving. "Now, stay like a good boy, won't you?"

"Marlene, I need the scepter to close the portal," Natasha said as she jumped down from the roof. "Selvig thinks it's the only way."

"And if it is destroyed?" Loki laughed. "She goes with it."

"I am more than the stone," she sneered his way. "It does not live in me."

Loki said nothing else as Marlene nodded at Natasha. "Do it. Close it as soon as you can."

Natasha nodded as Marlene grabbed the scepter and flew up to the roof. Natasha climbed up, eyeing her with a smirk. "I envy the flying bit."

"It's quite accommodating," Marlene agreed as she handed the scepter to Natasha. She felt the stone calling out to her, but she knew nothing good would come if she touched it.

Selvig nodded once at her in greeting as he typed something on the computer. Natasha waited for his command, and when he gave it to her, she shoved the scepter into the force field.

Marlene felt a piercing pain in her head. She grabbed the nearby wall, shaking her head when Natasha looked to remove it.

"I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!" Natasha yelled. "I need to do it soon! It's affecting Marlene!"

Steve's frantic voice called out, "Do it!"

"No, wait!" Tony said.

"Stark, these things are still coming! It could kill Marlene—"

Tony cut him off. "I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it."

Looking up, Marlene could see Tony grabbing a missile out of the air, thrusting upward to lead it directly to the portal.

"You'll die," Marlene whimpered out. "No. Let me do it."

"Too late, Elsa. I gotta do it."

Steve called out, "Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?"

Tony did not answer him as he continued to rise into the air. "Save the rest for return, J."

Marlene groaned as the headache grew worse, but her worry was on Tony in his stupid metal suit. As he disappeared in the portal with the nuke, she held her breath, closing her eyes.

When she opened them, she could see the explosion from the nuke heading for the portal. The supernova would kill everyone if they did not shut the portal.

They could see all of the alien creatures dropping around them. Marlene smiled half-heartedly as she saw the city becoming safe once more.

"Come on, Stark," Natasha whispered from next to Marlene.

"Close it," Steve commanded.

Marlene was about to protest, but Natasha immediately pulled the scepter out. She was successful in turning the Tesseract off, closing off the energy beam leading to the portal. Looking up, Marlene watched with bated breath as she hoped for Tony to make it.

Suddenly, the small figure of Tony appeared out of the hole, falling at a rapid pace.

"Son of a gun!" Steve called happily.

"He's not slowing down," Thor commented. Before Marlene could fly up, she laughed as the Hulk snatched Tony from the air. With a breath of relief, she let her body sag against the wall as Natasha neared her.

"Hey, Marls, hey," Natasha said softly, throwing an arm around Marlene's waist to keep her steady. "Come on, you look like you're going to be sick."

"I'm fine," she grunted, pushing away with a smile of thanks. "I want to end this."

Letting her hands and eyes light up, she dropped down below to the penthouse to see Loki trying to break free from the restraints she placed.

"Did you see the connection you share with the stone?" Loki mocked breathlessly. "Anything happens to it, you'll die."

"So be it," Marlene said, not believing his words. "For now? I'll enjoy this—"

Lighting up her hands, she was ready to kill the son of a frost giant when she heard Thor call out, "No! No, Lady Marlene. We will not kill him."

Turning, all of the Avengers approached Loki. They all held their weapons up as Marlene turned to face Loki again. "You're lucky," she whispered.

"If it's all the same to you," he said, eyes on Tony. "I'll have that drink now."