i.

★彡[ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ]彡★

In a quiet cafe that overlooked the beach, Ameris Adarlan was seated next to the glass wall, peacefully reading a novel with a cup of lemon iced tea in her hand that she occasionally took sips of.

Her serene thoughts were interrupted by a dashing middle-aged man with very similar facial features, mainly the dark hair, who entered the cafe, making his way over to her and took a seat opposite to her.

"Father," Ameris greeted with no emotion without glancing up from her book, sensing who he was immediately. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Can't I just visit my favourite daughter to see how she's doing?" Poseidon questioned, a smile on his face.

Ameris closed her book before tilting her head up, raising her eyebrows in a manner that expressed that she didn't believe him at all.

"How are you?" Poseidon asked generously. "It's been a while. And as much as I hate to admit it, you're quite a hard person to track down, my child."

"Spare the futile chit chat, father, and get straight to the point," Ameris told him coldly. "Why did you come here?"

Poseidon sighed before replying honestly. "Zeus has lost his symbol of power as well as Hades."

"What a surprise," she stated sarcastically before scoffing. "So, you're here to ask your daughter for help to save your life and prove your innocence instead of doing something useful yourself. Typical."

"I'm afraid there's a lot more than that."

"Of course there is." Ameris rolled her eyes. "Carry on."

"They both believe that the thief is my son, your half-brother, Perseus," he informed her before his expression turned guilty. "I know that you don't want to get involved in any of our problems anymore, especially since last time ..."

Ameris' eyes grew cold, briefly glowing in anger before controlling herself while her father continued. "And while it pains me to say this, I really need you to find out who the thief really is and keep Perseus safe from their wrath. There's something big brewing behind all this."

"What do you mean exactly by something big?"

"The Great Prophecy is nearing," Poseidon revealed. "And it falls on Perseus, since he's the eldest half-blood since the oath. And what fears me the most is that I believe my father is rising."

Ameris' eyes widened at the mention of Kronos. Just the thought of him made her feel such powerful negative emotions against him.

"I cannot lose him, Ameris," he said solemnly. "He's the key to saving Olympus."

Ameris almost scoffed again. Of course saving Olympus mattered more than him himself. She wasn't even surprised at this point.

She sighed defeatedly. "Tell me more about my unfortunate half-brother."

"His name is Perseus Jackson, but he prefers to be called Percy. He's twelve years old and also lives in Manhattan with his mother, Sally Jackson, and step-father, Gabe Ugliano," Poseidon informed.

"And I'm assuming he knows nothing about being a demigod?" She asked while he nodded.

"Splendid," Ameris stated, sarcasm heavily laced in her voice.

Poseidon was unfazed by her tone, having already expected it as he stood up, getting ready to leave. "I really do hope the best for you, Ameris."

"And ..." He paused hesitantly for a second, seemingly in an internal conflict with himself, before continuing. "I truly am sorry, my child."

And with that, he vanished in a blink of an eye, leaving behind a strong scent of the sea.

Ameris stared at the empty spot where her father was seated mere seconds ago before letting out a deep sigh, sinking back into her sofa chair and running a hand through her hair. She really didn't want to be dragged into another war but she knew had no other choice than to return to the world she definitely didn't want any connections with anymore.

She only hoped the Fates would go easy on her soul, but knowing them, she dreaded for what was yet to come.