Chapter 2: Documentary?

As I followed Skeeter inside, I took note of the surroundings. The cute little knick-knacks on the wall struck my interest the most, but I didn't ask about them. I followed Skeeter into the living room and plopped myself down on the couch. Skeeter sat down beside me and pulled out her notebook.

"So... what's that for?" You were genuinely interested in what the notebook signified. She looked up at you for a moment before looking around the room. Finally she said and sunk into the couch.

"I'm interviewing some of the black maids around the neighborhood. I want to show the world the lives of these women and show that they can be strong and independent." You were impressed. Back were you lived before you moved, it seemed as if nobody appreciated black folk.

"You're doing a great thing for this world," you told her and she smiled.

"I know." Her eyes gleamed in the dim light and you blushed. Skeeter stood up from the couch and held her hand out for you to take. You took it and she lifted you up, holding you close to her. It was silent for a moment before you decided to ask her a question.

"Are you...do you...find men attractive?" She seemed a little thrown off guard at my your question, but you decided to continue. "Are you having unnatural thoughts about...girls or...or women?" You almost expected her to be disgusted with you with the silence you received, but then she smiled.

"You know what? Maybe I am." You nodded. In reality, you had also been having unnatural thoughts about women. And Skeeter only seemed to remind you of that. You knew it for certain. Moving to Mississippi was definitely a good idea.

A/N: Oh my godddd this is soooo gooood OMG thanks so much for reading it really makes my day seeing how happy my story makes people :D