Chapter 3: Sealing the Deal

The rain was starting to calm down now, and you knew it was almost time for you to start heading home. But how could you leave when you had been having such a great time with Skeeter? She was so nice to be around, and you simply hadn't had enough of her yet. Speaking of Skeeter, she had fallen fast asleep on your shoulder and was now quietly snoring. It was cute, and you blushed once you caught yourself staring. But you knew it was time for you to leave, so you softly nudged her awake. You smiled at her as she opened her eyes.

"Hey, I need to go home now. It's stopped raining." She sat up and quickly looked around, as if she forgot.

"Oh... okay. Sure, you can leave." You could hear the sadness in her voice, and the little voice in your head told you to stay. But you knew better than that. Your mom was probably wondering where you were too.

"I wish I could stay longer," you told her, "but I can always come back tomorrow. We are neighbors now, you know?" She nodded, but you could tell that wasn't enough for her. You both remained silent for a moment longer, simply relishing in each other's company. But then Skeeter broke the silence.

"I like you, (Y/N)." You blushed, trying to hide your face from her.

"I like you too, Skeeter. You're very pretty." She laughed and pulled you in for a hug. And then she kissed you, and you felt like you were on fire. You were able to feel the love she felt for you through her actions alone. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. But then Skeeter pulled away looking distressed.

"What's wrong?" you asked, wondering what was going through her mind. She put her hand on her forehead and sighed.

"What will my mother think of this? She's really against stuff like this." You put a hand on her shoulder in hopes of calming her down.

"Screw your mother, it's none of her business what you do. You love me, right? That's all that matters." She agreed and we layed back down on the couch together and cuddled up in the warmth of a blanket. Skeeter turned on the television and you both watched Star Trek. You weren't too sure what was happening because it wasn't something you'd normally watch, but so long as Skeeter liked it you were happy.

A/N: Oh My God, thank you SOOOO much for reading my story!! It means so so so much to me and I worked oh so hard on it. Thank youuuuu soo muchhhh :)