Chapter Twenty-One

Começar do início

Apparently, Harry was right behind me, seeing as Faith immediately went up to him and started to inspect Harry's body. "Okay.. No obvious harm.. How bad are the internal injuries?!"

"Oh no.. He's too stunned to talk.." Louis snickered, also standing close to Harry.

"I did nothing. We simply had a little discussion on how he's never, ever, ever going to do that again." I stated as I slid into the one empty seat at the table.

I ignored the glares and pointed looks from everyone around me. It's not like it mattered, I guess I was used to it.

Why was it that just simply being different is so looked down upon to everyone else? Who cares if I wasn't a super girly girl? What was wrong with that?

Why was it so bad that I wasn't ready for a relationship?

~

The day passed quickly, I didn't acknowledge any of the boys and simply kept to myself.

All I wanted in the beginning? To get away from here. It had been a simple task, obey my contract and then get voted off as soon as possible. That didn't seem to be working to my advantage. I had gotten distracted, but no longer. If I started to ignore them, just maybe, I would get 'boring' and they would send me home.

I went through the motions Sunday night, stayed to myself as the boys 'mingled' with each and every girl.

"You sure are quiet," the only Irish voice I had ever heard laughed, the boy placed himself next to me on the couch. My eyes wandered to him, the blondish brown hair sticking up as his blue eyes twinkled at me.

I kept my lips pursed shut, not issuing a sound towards him.

His laughter trailed off as I turned away from him. I could feel the crystal eyes staring into my skull, but I continued to look with interest towards the potted plant situated at the corner of the room.

Niall cleared his throat, "You okay, Al?"

I responded with silence.

"Ali?" He persuaded.

My fists clenched together and I had to literally force myself to keep my gaze on the leaf.. Possibly my only friend in the universe at the moment. Air hissed through my teeth and I was hoping that he'd take the hint.

A firm hand placed itself on my shoulder. I tried to shake it off but it had secured itself there.

"C'mon Al.. What's up?" Niall persisted, his tone sounding worried and kind of needy.

I stayed mum.

I think eventually he figured I wasn't going to talk and he left.

Trinity tried to talk to me, but I stayed inaudible. Ariana tried. Nada. Faith. Nope. Andie. None.

I had resolved to keep quiet, I wanted to go home.

We went through the motions we had gone through for the past three Sundays. I just prayed that the boys would send me home.

But nope.

It was hard to keep silent, especially when I noticed one girl missing from our usual group of five after all the names had been called. My silence broke when my eyes strayed to Faith, who quite resembled a lost puppy. My arms wrapped around her slim shoulders as I squeezed her close to me. She wasn't crying or blubbering in sadness. She just looked like someone stole her cookie.

"Don't be sad for me, honestly. It was the best experience I've ever had. Just continue to have fun, for me.. Okay?" Faith grinned as she hugged Ariana. I felt sadness pang at my heart, the two had grown to be best friends. "And Al.. Please. Promise me one thing?"

"Yeah," I replied softly.

"Don't try to leave. I think you could really enjoy it here if you let yourself.. So please. Promise me that you won't hate Harry for what he's done. Promise you won't completely shut down at them when they try to be your friend. Promise me."

This girl had been there for me in the past three weeks. She was kindhearted, sweet, loving, motherly. She always looked out for others.

The least I could do is this one thing.

"Yeah, Fay, I promise."

~~~~    

Heh. So no matter what 'team' you're on, I promise you can continue to read this story and not be disappointed.  Remember that.