chapter 2- Urmila and Lakshmana meet

Edited 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day after the three have arrived at Mithila, Vishwamithra brahmarishi tells both the Ayodhya princes to go to the temple to pray. The two brothers set off to the temple and reached there in time to see that the temple was crowded. With Ram in front, the two start to go to the front of the temple to get a better view. It seemed that all the people they were now in front of were standing in front of four people that seemed to be the four mithila Rajkumaris.

The eldest of the four turned around, sensing two people were behind. As soon as she turns around she looks starstruck. The other three rajkumaris also turn around a while after.

Lakshman realising that he knew who this was says "You? I remember you. You were the Rajkumari that cooked the delicious food and bought it for us one day. You also requested to see my older brother right? This is my oldest brother. He is the one I was speaking so highly of the last time we met. But let me introduce myself formally. I'm Lakshman, the younger brother of Rajkumar Ram and Bharat, twin of Rajkumar Shartugan. The third dasharatnadan, and Rajkumar of Ayodhya."

Ram and Sita introduce themselves formally and start talking. As the two oldest siblings were talking one of the other Rajkumaris caught Lakshman. To Lakshman, she seemed to be Sita's younger sister as she appeared to have a close resemblance to the oldest Rajkumari. Lakshman couldn't take his eyes off her. She really did captivate him. Lakshman couldn't move his eyes away from her. Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Urmila turns to look back at the person. She turned to look at the younger of the two princes in front of her. As she looked at him, she couldn't help but smile as Lakshman turned away embarrassed. Urmila had to admit it was cute and funny.

Noticing that she hadn't introduced herself, Urmila stepped forward and said "I'm so sorry to disturb your conversation. As interesting as it is, I just realised that my two other sisters and I hadn't introduced ourselves. I'm Urmila, the younger sister of Sita Didi and younger daughter of Rajarishi Janak."

"I'm mandavi, the oldest daughter of Maharaj Kushadwaj," Mandavi says

Sruthakeerthi also says "I'm Sruthakeerthi, the youngest daughter of Maharaj Kushadwaj."

Just as the three younger princesses finish introducing themselves, Rajarishi Janak arrives at the temple.

Janak speaks up "Rajkumar Ram? Rajkumar Lakshman?"

Turning around Ram and Lakshman walk to the king and greet him Ram is the first to speak up "Rajarishi Janak. It's a pleasure to meet you. I have always wanted to meet you, especially as a young boy."

"I'm surprised you recognise me, Rajkumar, seeing as we've never met before," Janak replies

"Of course I recognised you. I've heard many stories of you as I grew up in the walls of Ayodhya. The only King to be called Rajarishi. I hope that one day I can be as good as a king as you are now," Ram replies and takes the king's blessings, Lakshman following his actions

A while after taking Ram and Lakshman take their leave and go back to the Ashram. They spent the rest of their day just exploring the grounds of Mithila. Soon it was nightfall and Ram had fallen asleep already. As much Lakshman tried to sleep he couldn't and it was now nearly midnight. Lakshman still couldn't.

Needing some air Lakshman goes into the gardens that he saw earlier while exploring with his older brother. It seemed that Urmila also couldn't sleep that night and was a little restless. As she was walking around in the gardens she sees someone there. At first, her instinct was to think that it was an intruder. As she walked closer Urmila realised it was just one of the princes that she met earlier at the temple.

Surprised that one of the princes was there Urmila asks "Rajkumar, what are you doing in the palace gardens so late?"

"I was a little restless and I couldn't sleep as well as that I needed some air. So I came on a walk here," Lakshman replies "What are you doing here Rajkumari?"

"Same as you," Urmila simply replies

They walk next to each other as Urmila shows him some of her favourite spots in the garden. After an hour or two both Lakshman and Urmila start getting tired so they both take their leave to rest for the next day.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter. stay tuned for the next chapter