chapter 1-Lakshman and Ram arrive in Mithila

After a long-awaited time I have started to edit this book here is the first edited chapter for you guys. I hope you like it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After defeating the demoness Tataki, Ram and Lakshman were by the river. The two brothers were sharpening their swords and their arrows. Lakshman had to admit that he was missing home very much and couldn't wait to return soon. He missed his other two brothers along with his father and mothers very much. He especially missed the pranks he pulled with his twin and couldn't wait till he returned to them. He also missed his other older brother very much. He missed the teasing banter between the two of them. 

Although he loved the rest of his family very much, from the time he was born Lakshman was very attached to his oldest brother whereas his twin was attached to the second oldest of the four. The two youngest brothers found comfort in their older brothers. Ram and Bharat were also very attached to their youngest brothers. Although the four were as close as brothers could be, Ram was just as attached to Lakshman as the younger boy was to him. The both of them never admitted it but they could never spend a  day without the other. It was like that from day one. 

Finally, after thinking about his family for the past hour or so while he was working on sharpening his sword and arrows he finally turned to his brother. 

"Bhaiya.." Lakshman says slowly after hesitating 

"Laksh we aren't going back to Ayodhya until Gurudev tells us that we can," Ram says cutting Lakshman off

"How did you know I was going to ask you that?" Lakshman asks genuinely surprised, his brother normally never does those kinds of stuff.

Ram cooly replies "Lakshman you've been thinking about Bharat and Shatru for at least an hour now. and can I not know what my baby brother is thinking about?"

Lakshman just stares at him with his mouth wide open.

"Ram, Lakshman. We will be leaving tomorrow at dawn." Gurudev says walking toward Ram and Lakshman, which also breaks the trance that Lakshman was in

"To go back to Ayodhya?" the Latter asks eagerly

"No Lakshman, I've decided that we will be going to Mithila so both of you can have a darshan of Lord Shiva's bow," Gurudev

"Mahadev's bow?" Ram asks surprised

"Yes, Ram. Centuries ago King Janak's ancestors did many good things and earned the kindness of Mahadev. Mahadev was so happy that he gave his bow to Janak's ancestors and for centuries they had it." Gurudev replies to Ram

The word Mithila made Lakshman starts to think. Lakshman suddenly remembers something from a couple of days ago. He knew a girl came to give him food that day, and mentions that she said that she was the eldest daughter of Maharaj Janak. He also remembers that she said that she came with her three sisters and two of them were her chote pa's daughters.

After realising this news he asks "Gurudev, before we killed Tataki and one of her sons a few girls were here from Mithila. the eldest of them said she was the oldest daughter of Rajarishi Janak. is that true?"

"Yes, Lakshman. She is the Rajkumari Sita. She was adopted by the king and queen when they found her 16 years ago while ploughing a field. Mahadev's bow is going to be used for her swayamvar," Bramarshi Vishvamitra replies

meanwhile Urmila and her three sisters returned to Mithila. Sita was clearly not herself. Urmila had noticed this about her older sister and she thought she knew what her sister was thinking about. Urmila just got told about the news that the two Ayodhya princes who were at the Ashram defeated the monster that was terrorising the poor residents. She had heard that it was the oldest son of King Dasharatha and his second youngest brother. And she couldn't help but wonder what the two brothers look like.

Urmila immediately went to tell her oldest sister this news. She knew that this was what Sita was thinking about. She knew her sister liked the type of person the older of the two brothers was from what she heard about him without knowing what the older brother looks like.

The next day in Mithila, Sita was asked by her father about her Swayamvaram. To Urmila's surprise, her older sister agreed. Urmila knew that her older sister was in love with someone else she agreed to this.

A couple of days passed and the three younger Mithila Rajkumaris' were helping the rest of their family and the minister complete some of the invitations for Sita's Swayamvaram. As the family were doing this Sita had come into the room with a tray of ribbons.

Urmila looking up innocently asks "Sita didi why can't you help us?"

Sita just smiled and handed Urmila the ribbons saying "You can use these to tie up the invitation."

Sita's mother then told Sita to go to the temple to pray. The younger princesses always used to follow their older sister around and ask if they can also go with her. They all get told no and also to stay and help finish the task at hand.

Mandavi then asks "Will we be sending letters to every kingdom in the country?"

"yes. even to Lanka," shatanada (the minister) replies.

Urmila and Sita's mother as well as their aunt look surprised at the news.

After finishing the letters, Urmila is running as fast as she can to go to tell her the good news that she just heard a while back.

When she spotted her oldest sister Urmila goes to her and says "Didi! didi! they are sending an invitation to Ayodya for Maharaj Dasaratha's bada putr Ram."

Sita smiles extremely happy and thanks the goddess. As she is putting the Aarti plate down a flower from the goddess's hand falls down. This happens so rarely happens and when it does it is seen as a very good thing.

While this was happening in Mithila, Ram and Lakshman as well as Vishwamitra Brahmarishi left for Mithila. On their way there they had a small stoop where Ram freed a woman, called Ahaliya, who was cursed by her husband.

After they reached Mithila they are welcomed with open arms, into an ashram of another rishi. Lakshman and Ram ask for permission to explore the area as well as clean up from their long journey. After they returned from what they were doing they helped to serve food to their guru and the rishi that welcomed them along with his wife and then took some food for themselves. At the end of a very long day, they had gone to bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glossary:

Svayamvara: an event where a princess can choose her husband from many different suitors from different kingdoms 

didi: sister (usually the older sister is called this) 

Mahadeva: another name for lord shiva 

bada putr: eldest son 

ma: mother 

Bhai: Brother