Chapter 8 : James

I heard girl's screams echo down the hallway, and into the film room. I dashed out of the film room, and headed down several hallways until I reached the sources of the sound. I realized where I was, when I was little I used to call this hallway the golden walkway. The golden walkway had a gold ceiling and gold walls. What made the walkway all the more gorgeous though, was the marble pillars.

"James, Liana is hurt!" Charlotte, my best friend in the entire world, screamed to me. We had known each other since we were both 2, and I had never seen her before with such a look of terror on her face.

"What's wrong?" I yelled back to Charlotte, as I took off in her direction. I looked down to where all the girls were staring. Charlotte didn't need to answer my question, I answered my own. Liana, the beautiful girl I had taken to her room earlier, was sprawled out on the floor beneath one of the pillars. She was clearly unconscious, and from the look of that bump on her head, she probably had a concussion too. We needed a doctor, right now.

"We already sent Zaria and Astrid to go get the university nurse." Charlotte explained, practically reading my mind. "I don't know what to do until she gets here though. I have a feeling we should do something."

"Let's pick her up, and take her to the nurse ourselves. By the time they get back, she will already be awake and hurting." I announced, as Charlotte and I lifted Liana up, and carried her down the hallway.

As we were walking, I had to ask Charlotte the question that was on my mind. "What happened to her?" I questioned her in a hushed tone.

At first she didn't respond, unsure what to say. "Diana was walking way ahead of all the other princesses. This was my entire fault because, I told her to run quickly so we could get ahead of Diana." Charlotte finally got out, but had more thing to say. "I had already ran in front of Diana, and I was waiting for Liana when, I turned around and she was lying beneath the marble pillar. The weird thing was that Diana was smirking the entire time. Diana also wanted to leave her behind." She said, hurt crossing her face.

"Cat, you know that Diana isn't-" I started but, was cut off by her.

"It was different this time James, so much different." Charlotte said, practically in tears.
There was something she wasn't telling me, I could sense it. We had always told each other the truth but, this time I could tell she wasn't. "What aren't you telling me?" I asked, as I looked straight into her deep blue eyes.

"Just two feet from where Liana was lying, was one of Diana's red high heels." Charlotte rasped, and then burst out into tears. "It was my entire fault! If I-" She started but, I cut her off.

"It was Diana's fault not yours. Right now though we just need to help Liana, what's done is done. I will make sure Diana never does that again, by sending her home at the first chance I get." I said these things to reassure Charlotte but, I secretly doubted Diana did anything. I think that She just wanted to get rid of Diana.

We practically ran down the hallway, Liana in our arms when finally we reached the university's nurse office. Inside were Astrid and Zaria explaining everything to the nurse. "Thank the heavens," the nurse muttered, as we heaved Liana onto a large bed. The nurse checked Liana's pulse and breathing. "Does she know any of your voices by memory? It could help to wake her." The nurse questioned us, as she checked Liana's pulse again.

"She might know my voice, since I was the last person to talk to her." Charlotte announced, as she stepped closer to the bed Liana was lying on. "I'll give it a try," She whispered, clearly distressed. "Liana, I need you to wake up." She announced, beginning to cry. "I'm right here for you. I need you to come out of the darkness. Please," she continued to plead but, Liana didn't stir. "James, will you try?" She announced turning her tear streaked face toward me.

I slowly walked over to the bed, and just as I did a voice echoed from the doorway. "Is Liana alright? I just came to check on her." Diana announced, batting her eyes furiously.

"Does she look okay to you?" Charlotte snapped back at Diana. "I guess some people just don't have common sense." She muttered, and Zaria must have heard it. Immediately Zaria began to laugh hysterically.

"Liana, please wake up. Just open your eyes, please." I continued to beg Liana to wake up but, she didn't move a muscle.

"Wake up," Zaria announced, stepping closer to the bed.

"Liana, we need you to wake up." Astrid declared, as she stepped behind Zaria.

"We're right here," Charlotte proclaimed, as she stopped crying.
"Please," I begged Liana, as I grasped her still hand. Before I knew it, everyone in the room was trying to get Liana to wake up, except Diana. Diana had noticed that we had all stopped talking, and looked over at her.

"Wake up Liana," Diana said half heartedly. We all continued to keep talking, hoping that Liana would wake up but, she never did.

"How about you give her a kiss?" Charlotte declared a smirk on her face. "Have you ever heard of true love's kiss awaking a girl from her slumber?"She questioned me. "Come on," she begged me. "James, you're our last hope."

I was not sure about this, not at all. I leaned in anyway knowing this was our last chance. I didn't know Liana that well, but I would do what I had to for her to stay alive. "Please let this work," I whispered, as I leaned in closer. I brought my lips closer to Liana, and gently set my lips on hers...

Attention : I will update on Thursdays this week. I will then go back to normal updating schedule.