Chapter 5 : Liana

Inside was the university, was hundreds of beautiful princesses roaming the hallways. This was a place I could never fit in. As I took a couple more steps into the school, Queen Amberly came before me. "Welcome Princess Liana Harding!" Queen Amberly announced blissfully, and then her face suddenly became shocked. "You're signup form didn't mention you had a puppy!"

"That's because I picked her up on the way," I announced, rocking Duchess in my arms. "It won't be a problem will it?"

"Of course it won't be a problem. Except for getting your puppy a bed!" Queen Amberly announced, "Don't worry I'll be on it right away!" Queen Amberly snatched my suitcase from my hand, and onto a cart. "This cart will be delivered to your room, within a half an hour."

Amberly handed me a map of the school with my dorm room circled, and then sent me on my way. I carried Duchess in one hand, the map in the other. I walked down a couple hallways, before I realized I was completely lost. This school was like a labyrinth, you can find your way in, but you never find your way out. Just then as I speed walked down the hallway, I completely ran into someone. I probably shouldn't have been walking with my head facing down towards the map, instead of looking in front of me. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going and-"the person who I bumped into started in before I could say anything else.

"It's fine," the person announced, as they pulled the map down to see my face. The person was a boy who looked about my age with a crown on his head. "I'm Prince James. Do you need help finding something?" He questioned me, and grabbed the map out of my hands. I was literally two feet away from the Prince of France. I probably looked like I had seen a ghost, because I was so astonished by his appearance.

"I was just trying to find dorm room number 207." I stated, as I pointed on the map to room number 207.

"You're new here aren't you?" Prince James announced, as he started down the hallway.

"Yeah, I'm the lottery princess, Liana Harding, and this little girl here is Duchess." I stated, as Prince James leaned over to scratch Duchess's head, and I continued to follow the brown haired prince down the hallway. We walked for a while in silence, when I finally broke the awkwardness, "Thank you for helping me."

"No problem," Prince James said, as he quickly snatched me and pulled me around the corner. "Quiet," he whispered, pointing around the corner to the guard walking by. Once the guard passed by, we both breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm supposed to be at Prince University right now, giving speeches on how to be a good prince." Prince James started laughing, as the thought of himself speaking in front of the next generation of princes carried its way into my head. His laugh made me laugh too, and before we knew it we were laughing so hard we were crying.

Just as we were having a laughing outbreak in the hallway, another guard came charging for us. This time we had no place to hide. Prince James immediately straightened up, and pretended to be professional. "Prince James, you were supposed to be at the Prince University, half an hour ago. Your parents were worried sick." The guard bellowed in his deep tone.

Prince James responded instantaneously to the guard, "I was just escorting this girl to her dorm room." Prince James declared, as we continued down the hallway, the guard following close behind. "I believe this is the fifth time this year I have got caught by a guard. The first time was because I didn't want to work on battle plans, and I got caught because I broke a flower vase." As we walked Prince James told me many more funny stories the made me burst out laughing, again and again. He was definitely one of the funniest people I have ever known. I wished I had known him all my life.

We walked down many hallways, before finally reaching my room. "Welcome to your new home," Prince James announced, as he opened the door to my room and turned around to walk back down the hallway with the guard. When I stepped into my room, it turned out it wasn't just my room.