Prologue {Entering the Dark Ages}

Mila and Jessamine Hell stood on a hill overlooking the colourful village near the castle. The village seemed to radiate happiness, it was disgusting.

"Blech," Mila said. "This place makes me want to puke." Mila's twin, Jassamine nodded in agreement.

"Sooo true," Jassamine said leaning against a tree. "I guess the cute guys make up for it though." Jassamine bit her bottom lip, lust in her eyes. Mila rolled her red eyes and slapped her twin.

"Okay, one, we have a mission," Mila reminded. "Two, how can you even tell that those guys are hot and three. Focus!" Mila made a choping motion with her hand and Jassamine rolled her violet eyes.

"Would it kill you to have some fun?" Jassamine said. "Just cause' you haven't had the guts to bang someone in 3 000 years doesn't mean you gota take the fun out of it for others."

"This cannot be my twin," Mila muttered facepalming.

"The feelings mutual," Jassamine sneered back. "Anyway, are we going to torch this place or not?" 

"Finally, that's the first resonable thing you've said all day," Mila said, a black flame flickering in her palm. "LET IT BURN!!!"

"Chill," Jassamine said, staring at her crazy twin. "Look I know you take after Dad but that's just weird."

"How are you going to get down?" Mila asked, ignoring her twin's comment. "You don't have wings."

"Gee thanks," her twin muttered angrily. "You just need to remind me of what I don't have. You are such a-"

"Just tell me how you're going to get down," Mila said cutting Jassamine off.

"Dragon," Jassamine said. "Duh." Jassamine flicked her wrist and all the shadows close to her started to move towards her. The shadows became solid and wove together, creating the shape of a dragon. Jassmine took a knife from her sister and used it to cut a thin line across her palm.

"Donum prorsus mihi in tenebris creaturae," she murmured. (Rough translation, since google translate is unreliable. Darkness unbound give me the gift of creation) 

"Not fair!" Mila said, envy rolling off of her like a tsunami. "How come you can make creatures of darkness?"

"Cause' I'm better than you," Jassamine replied, mounting the dragon. "See ya at the bottom!" Mila scowled and spread her huge wings. They flapped and she soared after her twin.

The attack came at night, no one knew it was coming. The villagers woke up to smoke, ash and despair. Mothers, fathers and children were slaughtered. The two deomns attacking feeding off of the misery coming from the villagers. The flames eating up the village flickered between black and red. 

"Run little humans run!" the demon with wings screeched as she tossed massive fire balls at the village.

"Mmm," the demon with horns said. "Your misery tastes delicious." She rolled her head and opened her mouth. Her eyes turned a glowing magenta and a whispy grey trail of misery floating into her open mouth. 

"Get out!" a man screamed. "If you can, go! Save yourselves!" The man attempting to heard all the people out of the burning village was named Ophiuchus. He had brown hair and orangey red eyes.

 He had brown hair and orangey red eyes

(Pic of Ophiucus)

"Come on, let's go let's go!" Ophiucus said  putting his shirt over his nose. The ground exploded and people were sent flying. The smoke thickned and Ophiucus ran as fast as his legs could carry him with the few survivors. They got to the border and a girl stumbled.

"Help!" she cried. 

"Orion!" Ophiucus cried, back tracking. He reached the girl as soon as the earth gave way. He grabbed Orion's wrist. "Orion, hold on!"

"Ophiucus!" Orion said. She looked up at the boy she'd loved for a long time but never had the courage to tell him. "You have to let go."

"No!" Ophiucus cried to the girl he loved. "I can't let you go!"

"I love you," Orion said and let go. She fell through the earth. Ophiucus cried for the love he lost.

"Are you okay?" a small child asked. Ophicus wipped his tears away and pushed his sorrow down deep. 

"Ya," he said, glad his voice wasn't wavering. "Where's your parents?" The child looked down.

"They didn't make it," she replied. "They told me to go, but they never made it out. They died." The little girl said this bluntly. 

"Come on everyone," Ophiucus said. "Let's set up camp in the forest." After everyone had gone to sleep Ophiucus sent a prayer to the gods and goddesses above.

The immortal beings took pitty on him and granted them twelve heroes, twelve friends from another world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, hope you enjoyed the prologue! Have a great day lovely people

-Love from Lotus