eleven~

march 27, 2021.

q and karl were both boarding at the same time, 6 am for me. karl was going to be here 2 hours earlier than alex. still a 4 hour flight though.

i made sure the house was completely clean. every single part of it. made sure there was groceries, everything.

karl wasn't staying as long as alex was, but i didn't mind too much. as long as i still got to see him, and i'd be getting alone time with alex, which i didn't mind.

i started to drive to the airport, it was about a 45 minute drive, so i figured i would pick up karl, stay in that area, pick up alex and then head home. karl was going to land soon.

i got to the airport and waited for karl to land. i stood at the gate. i looked at the clock.

10:12 am. 2 more hours.

i heard the gate open, people started walking out.

ding! mother honking karl😁💛 sent you a text!

mother honking karl😁💛
i'm here

i stared at the gate waiting for my best friend to walk out.

i saw the top half of his face and his hair, he didn't see me.

i walked up to him.

"oh shoot sorry i didn't see you all the way down there." he laughed. i kicked his shin.

we grabbed his stuff and went driving for a bit, we hungout in a random parking lot and caught up on life, things you couldn't talk about over the phone.

"have you talked to sapnap?" i asked him.

he stayed silent.

"karl it's been over a month." i started. "he's probably worried he's lost you for good."

he looked away.

"please talk to him, i'll be with you and i can help you out." i smiled. "it will be worth it, believe me."

we finished up our conversation and drove back to the airport.

i was excited, i was with my best friend and soon enough my boyfriend will be with us too. seemed all too good to be true.

q's plane landed, he still hadn't texted me he had landed, he knew i was watching, waiting.

the gate started to open, i watched every single person who was arriving from mexico to canada.

i saw the black ball cap, with the fluffy dark brown hair sticking out of the bottom. his mesmerizing brown, almost black eyes, met up with mine.

i walked towards him, speeding up until i was almost jogging. practically tripping over my feet until i made it into his arms.

the overwhelming safe feeling came over my body.

we stood there for a few seconds; his head buried in the crook of my neck, just like the first time.