[2] - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴

Start from the beginning

Tony flew through the forest, shooting at soldiers ahead of him. He spotted the fortress, and accelerated towards it. Suddenly, he hit a forcefield that surrounded it.

"SHIT!" Tony exclaimed with a mixture of pain and shock.

Steve, along with the rest of the team, heard his expletive.

"Language!" Steve scolded.

Steve continued to ride through the snowy forest and spoke through his earpiece, "J.A.R.V.I.S., what's the view from upstairs?"

The A.I replied, "The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is far beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

A HYDRA soldier charged at Y/N and tried to land a punch. The agent countered his attack and grabbed his arm, throwing him down and kicking him in the face. Y/N took out one of his Five-seven pistols and shot down two other soldiers nearby.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it." Y/N spoke through the earpiece.

Nearby, Thor was taking down soldiers as well. He let Mjölnir fly into an enemy before grabbing it.

"At long last." Thor joyfully remarked at his statement.

Natasha grappled two HYDRA soldiers and took them down. She swiftly turned back and shot another one down with her pistol.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys." She spoke through her earpiece.

Clint took cover behind a tree. He equipped an explosive arrow and shot it at the bunker.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." He replied.

Tony flew by a group of enemies near the fortress and shot them down with his repulsor blast. "Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'?"

"I know." Steve rode towards a enemy vehicle ahead of him. He front-flipped while holding the handle-bars of the motorcycle and tossed the bike at the truck. It hit the front of vehicle, causing it to topple over.

"Just slipped out." Steve finished.

• • •

"WE WILL NOT YIELD. The Americans sent their circus freaks to test us. We will send them back in bags." Strucker spoke to his soldiers inside the fortress. "No surrender!"

His soldiers shouted back, "No surrender!"

Strucker gave a nod as they went back to their doings. He turned to his colleague, Dr. List, and whispered.

"I am going to surrender. You delete everything. If we give the Avengers the weapons, they may not look too far into what we've been..."

Dr. List looked to his left, "The twins."

Strucker replied, "They are not ready to take on..."

"No, no. I mean..." Dr. List pointed to his left, and Strucker looked over.

"Twins." Dr. List said again.

They were gone.

• • •

"WE HAVE AN ENHANCED on the field." Steve reported.

Y/N ran through the forest, shooting down any enemy he stumbled upon.

"Great. Just what we needed." Y/N sarcastically replied.

Natasha reported that Clint was hit by gunfire from a bunker. Hulk took down the bunker soon after. Using a missle, Tony took down the power source of the forcefield.

"The drawbridge is down people." Tony gleefully stated.

Y/N was near the fortress, and saw Tony flying around it.

He then heard Steve speak to him through his earpiece, "Stark, L/N. We're going for the scepter. Thor is taking Barton back to the jet."

"For gosh sake, watch your language." Tony joked.

Steve sighed, "That's not going away any time soon."

• • •

Y/N ENTERED THE BASE. He heard footsteps ahead and quickly leaped onto a pipe on the ceiling.

He hanged on it, watching the soldiers run by. He quickly pulled out his pistol and shot the four of them down. He dropped back down and continued on.

"We have a second Enhanced. Female. Do not engage." Y/N heard Steve report as he walked down the corridor.

Y/N made a right, holstering his pistol and speaking into his earpiece. "Don't have to tell me twice..."

He stopped in his tracks, seeing a young woman with dark-red hair and wearing all black down the hall. She turned around and noticed him the same time he did.

"

"...just my luck." Y/N muttered.

The two just looked at each other, as if a stand-off was ensuing. Y/N raised his hands slightly as he began walking towards her.

"I don't want to hurt you. Now if I can just go through that door—"

Red energy started to swirled around the woman's fingers and she thrusted her arms forward. Y/N quickly leaped towards the wall and ran on it, dodging her attack.

He jumped off the wall and tried to kick the woman, but she used her powers to stop him mid-flight, and threw him into shelves behind her. Y/N crashed into them and landed on his stomach.

Y/N groaned as he slowly got up. He looked around, and saw no sign of the enhanced woman. He took a breath.

"I'm going to act like that didn't happen."