Chapter Eight

Dr. Fate put both of his hands on Angela's temples focusing on the task given to him. He took a deep breath and soon both his eyes and hands glowed a golden light. The sorcerer started shouting the incantation hoping it would reverse the spell quicker than expected. "Pauperibus infelicior filiae anima! Quod immane absolvere innocentem anima maledictionem! Ipsa mens, et corpus suum recuperaret!" He kept repeating it over and over.

The golden light from his hands began to spread all around her until it completely covered Angela's body. Slowly the red marks is starting to fade away, well more like barely at all. He let a tired frustrated sigh and repeated this process twelve more times wanting to get the job done. When he was finally done he decided to take a break. If he keeps up like this it won't be good for either of them. He took one last look at her and saw that the markings were half way gone. He lazily turned his gaze to the sleeping woman on the chair. Canary hasn't left the room since they both walked in together. Dinah wanted to stay in the room to keep an eye on Angela incase something happens.

Fate's eyes shows slight amusement at the scene before him. It is kinda like a mother watching over her child. He has to shake his head at the thought, it's probably more likely that Canary's watching out for a troubled soul, but than again maybe not. The sound of a ticking clock drew his attention to the wall. His eyes widen at the time 2:37 a.m. Three hours had passed since he's entered the cave and he barely made any progress curing Angela. He let out a frustrated sigh again, this is taking longer than he hoped it would. With one glance at the unconscious girl laying on the bed he got back to work.

A few moments later Batman walks in eyes scanning the room. They momentarily land on Angela for a second than switch to a sleeping Canary in the corner. He walks up right next to her and gently shakes her shoulder. Dinah stirs awake and let's out a slight groan. She blinks the sleep out of her eyes and winces at the bright light. Once her eyes adjusted, her gaze landed on the bat right in front of her. Before she can say anything the dark knight motions for her to follow him out of the room. Dinah let's out a sigh and leaves the room with him. They walk down the hall past the living room. She took a glance inside and saw that the place is empty. The team must of went home, who can blame them this has been a long night, thought Canary.

They both kept walking until they entered the debriefing room. She stared around the room confuse, inside is every leaguer that fought tonight. Green Arrow, Flash, Superman, and Martian Manhunter looked up at them when they entered the room. The tension in the room was awkward for a few moments before Canary spoke up, "What's going on here?" It took a few seconds before someone answered her. "We are all here to discuss about what should happen to Angela." Green Arrow answered her question in a soft tone. He knows that this conversation will upset her, hell it bugs him a little and they didn't even start talking yet.

The blonde haired woman raised an eyebrow in question. "What do you mean? What's going to happen to her?" There was a bit of hostility in her tone but she doesn't care. Dinah doesn't want anything bad to happen to Angela, she read the file. Even though it was kinda vague she can tell nothing good has happened to the poor girl since the day she's been kidnapped. "That's what we are trying to decide. None of us want to see anything bad happen to this girl anymore more than you do. We want to help the girl anyway we can but we have to be sure about our decision. We must not make any mistakes that can ultimately effect her for the worst." J'ohn said in a calm voice not wanting to agitate Canary anymore than she already is.

The blond hair woman let out a sigh and calmed down enough to listen to what they have to say. Making sure that she stays in a good mood everyone kept their mouth shut for a couple of minutes. When they were certain that she won't snap at them Flash begins to talk. "So what should we do? We can't put her in a foster home or a orphanage. She's probably too unstable to be around the outside world." The others nodded in agreement with what he said. Canary spoke up again "Then what do we do? We can't force her to stay here. She's been forced into things for the last couple of years we can't do that to her. Even if we can who's gonna look out for her. She needs someone to turn to after what ever she's been through."

Everyone stayed silent thinking about what she just said. Green Arrow let out a sigh. "Dinah's right. We shouldn't force her into anything-" Batman interrupted him. "And we are not going to force her into anything. When she wakes up we'll let her choose what she wants to do. Whether to stay her where she'll be protected or to the outside world either way she'll be free from them. But if she does decides to stay here Canary is right, she does need a mentor of sorts. I think that should be you Dinah you already care for her. I don't really see someone more qualified at the moment. So what do you say?" The blond female in the room looks down at the floor and thinks for a moment. After she's done she looks at Bats straight in the eye and calmly answers "Only if she wants me to."