Thalia looks over to me and then looks me up and down. Her dark green eyes look cold and intense which made me shift a bit as a wave of unease came to me.

"I suppose your right. I haven't seen her either recently" she finally says leaning a bit back in her stool.

I sigh in relief before quickly saying back. "Yeah.... I'm new here too. My information might be off so please do not take my words as facts"

"I figured" Thalia says glancing around.

"Newbie stop chattering and start working. You have orders waiting" Angela shouts at me again which gets me moving.

If only I could listen to what they were saying now.

After a few rounds of more drinks coming up I'm finally called over back to Thalia and Shadow.

She had ordered a round of shots as she held her own toast.

After a few brief exchanges of words she gets up and leaves.

I start cleaning a few glass shots as people kept leaving the bar to get more close up to watch the fight as it's now becoming interesting.

"What do you have on her?" I hear from where Shadow was.

"Im sorry?" I say walking near where his stand is.

"I don't like to repeat myself twice. Especially when I know that you heard me clearly" He
Lowers his voice almost looking at me as if he's giving me a glare.

I eye him for a bit wondering if he realizes that I can report him for that. I wouldn't since that would bring attention to me but still. It's careless for the criminals in this underground business they have going on.

I look around to see if Angela is nearby.

"What will you give me in exchange?" I say knowing that I don't need anything.

He puts his hand down and slides something over while being covered by his arms but i couldn't see what it was.

When I take it I see that it's a few hundred dollar bills. "Not bad" I say.

"Has been coming here a lot recently, never stays for long. last time I heard is that shes been training with Ace. the Russians have a lead on to where she was possibly reside in. My guess is that she knows something that they want to get rid of her for. I'm not sure if i heard them say it was her name or Aces. I'd stay out if I were you though." I say while cleaning a different glass.

I have heard from other staff that Shadow has been attempting to be friend of make alliances with Thalia but I didn't think it was that serious until now.

"Thanks" I hear him say and that's when he gets up and leaves.

I scan the room after he leaves and glance over my shoulder.

There I saw a shadow of a person behind the racks.

I turn around and see Angela talking into her collar all while looking at me.

She gives one of her famous smiles that say a thousand if you receive one from her but if you didn't know her then you would have considered it a friendly smile.

A thousand smile for her Can mean anything now that I think about it.

In her eyes you can see the look of mischief as she walks away.

Did she hear my conversation with Shadow? If so what in the world am I going to do now?

My palms start getting sweaty as I hold the glass of a martini cup on my hand. I can hear my heart as if it's the only thing playing in the room and it feel like it could just pop out of my chest at any given moment.

I was trained for this and I have gone on different missions for the FBI so why am I feeling like this all of a sudden. It should not faze me.

I go over to the other bartender in my section.

"I'm going to have to step out for a few minutes to use the restroom. Are you okay with covering the floor?" I ask and she just nods and waves me off.

I go to the back room and take a few turns to try to find the restroom.

In the meantime I take off my shoe to get my phone and while I was in the process I run into someone that makes me take a step back.

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in this time" Thalia says standing there in all her glory.

"I'm looking for the restroom" I say and she nods her head to a different dark hall.

"It going to be the only door in that hallway." She says.

I thank her and head off to the direction she told me to go.

The only door in the hallway.

I look up and see the only door and go in to notice that it's not the restroom.

In fact it's just a room with one bed.

What in the-

Just then I get pushed into the room and right behind me the door locks.

"I guess tonight is my lucky night Mr. FBI agent" Thalia says giving me a wink.

Before I had any time to react she points a gun at me.

"This is exactly the reason that you don't mess with shit you don't know anything about" Those were the last words before the trigger was pulled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you all enjoyed the short story! Don't forget to comment and vote!

I love reading and replying to your comments🥰

See you till next time!