𝟒

kairi waved mattia goodbye and his mom soon came to pick him up since he didn't drive with his car, the whole time he was anxious in the car thinking about the boy that he had just met only he felt like he had known him for ages. he felt true happiness around him and he felt as if he could be his real self around mattia which was always the most important to him. he felt truly different than he had ever felt before. the boy waited until he got home to take the small piece of paper with mattia's number on it and glared at it debating if he should text mattia or not. eventually, he finally gave in and typed the numbers into his contacts, he texted him a simple 'hey' and waited about five minutes for another answer trying to occupy himself so he didn't become desperate for his text messages.

mattia walked out to his car from the snack bar and got inside his house taking a deep breath. it took him awhile to take everything in and he kept looking at his phone hoping that kairi would text him. occasionally he would get a few texts from alejandro, alvaro, and hunter but he didn't care because those weren't the texts that he wanted. he got home and heard his phone buzz one time from an unknown number which he assumed to be kairi. he read the 'hey' and began to smile staring at it for a bit then responding back with a 'hey! i had a good time today, i hope you did too.' he set his phone down and walked downstairs surprised to see his mom and dad actually home. they were always gone on trips and vacations because they were wealthy and they never wanted to take mattia or his brother for some reason. "hey mom.. hey dad.." mattia said quietly as he walked closer to them only to see they were passed out sleeping on the couch causing him to sigh. he never got to spend time with his parents and his brother was always too busy playing fortnite or some other bullshit playstation 4 games. he walked into his room and shut the door then sat on the floor playing with his kitten tito. he wanted to invite kairi over but he figured it was too early for that since he had just met the boy and he chose not to overstep any new boundaries to not mess anything up.

kairi hung out with his mom and sister for a small amount of time until it was around 8:00 p.m. he told them goodnight then hugged them both and walked into his room shutting the door behind him. he ran to his bed and opened his phone to text mattia quickly, 'hey.. would you like to facetime..?' he pressed send quickly and immediately regretted doing so. mattia got the text and sent back a 'yes' with no hesitation and called kairi. the two talked on the phone for almost three hours until kairi realized it was already 11:00 p.m. he watched mattia play with his kitten over facetime and giggled softly telling him how cute he thought the kitten was. kairi admired mattia from the other side of the phone and watched each facial expression as he spoke trying to get down his gestures. "you looked really nice today by the way.." kairi whispered which caused mattia to laugh softly.

he looked down at his outfit that he threw on in the morning, "nice? i rushed into this.. but thank you. it means a lot coming from you.. now you don't have to hangup if you don't want to but it's getting late so i need to shower and sleep." kairi nodded and laid down on his bed bringing the phone closely to his chest holding it tightly in his hands as he fell asleep with a smile on his face.

meanwhile, mattia jumped into the shower and stared at the wall for ten minutes thinking about kairi. he let the water fall down his face and hair causing him to groan softly as the water was hot, but as much as he wanted to get kairi out of his head, he couldn't. he didn't know what to do. while mattia was washing his hair, he heard a loud text from his phone and checked it to see it was from his friend alejandro.

alejandro r.

hey tia! i got some news on that new kid you were asking me about in history. lmk when you're ready to hear it.

11:43 p.m.

mattia was startled by the loud text wondering what the hell it was that alejandro found out before him. he didn't want to answer and he didn't want to know now, he just wanted to spend at least one good night not thinking about things that didn't matter. he finished his shower and got out, dressing himself then laying down in bed. he stroked over the phone screen gently with a small whisper. 'goodnight kai..' was all he said before he drifted off into a deep sleep.