THIRTY

The friends caught up and laughed all night before heading to there separate rooms for bed. Stefan hadn't said much, it seemed like he was still trying to process everything.

"Goodnight guys!" Adeline called walking to her bedroom with Klaus.

"Night Addy!" Bonnie smiled

Adeline walked into the room, closing the door behind her. Klaus had already been waiting for her inside, he was staring her down— she already knew what was coming.

"Klaus don't start." She huffed.

"You called Stefan." He snapped. "Stefan!"

"He is one of my best friends!" She defended. "I wanted them all here for this."

"When things get tough, Adeline runs to her knight in shining armor— Stefan."

"Are you kidding me?" She spat. "What's it going to take Klaus?"

"I don't know what you mean." He shrugged. He was back to having his self destructive, jealous attitude. It was petty— Klaus acted like she was some prize pony at the county fair. He didn't know how to act, how to love.

"What's it going to take for you to believe you are the only one I want!" She yelled. "I'm marrying you Klaus, I'm pregnant with your baby. Is that not enough?"

"What if I said no?" He spat. "What if I said I wanted more— I wanted everything. I want you to myself."

Adeline looked at him with wide eyes. He was acting like a spoiled brat, like a little child on the schoolyard.

"You have everything, all of me! I've given you everything. My heart, my body!" She yelled. "I left my friends for you!"

"And yet, here they are in my house."

"They are helping us! Is that what you want? For me to not see my friends?" She scowled at him.

"I don't want you to see Stefan." He huffed. "I remember that kiss on the front porch, I remember what he said he wants what's mine."

Adeline crossed her arms and sighed at him. She loved this man, she loved him with all her heart but he really could be so frustrating. She was trying to be patient with him, because she knew if someone had kissed him, she would be jealous too— she couldn't lie to herself about that.

Stefan was her friend and she wanted him here. He had been there for her through a lot and they had grown close. She couldn't toss him aside but she wanted to diffuse the argument with Klaus before it got worse. She stepped forward, closing the gap between them and cupped his cheek in her hand.

"I love you— you know that?" She whispered.

She could see the anger in his eyes slowly fade at her touch. He reached his hand up and rested it on hers.

"I love you." He breathed, letting out a deep sigh.

Those words coming from his lips still sent shivers down her spine. She could still melt into a puddle at his feet when he said those words— they would never get old. She knew even when they had been married for 100 years she would still feel this way.

He leaned in, breathing his hot air against her neck, teasing her with his slow motions.

"You are mine." He whispered into her skin, lining her neck with kisses in the area he knew made her weak in the knees.

"You're impossible." she laughed.

He laughed under his breath, locking eyes with his bride to be. The hunger inside him grew, he pushed her back against the nearest wall, slamming her against the hard sheet rock. He pressed his lips against hers, rolling his tongue into the warm part of her mouth.