THIRTEEN

Adeline woke up in her bed—sleeping soundly without assistance from any kind of medication for the first time in a long time. She felt at peace with most of the things that had happened to her— of course she would have preferred not to lose her father but everything happens for a reason she thought. Otherwise, how could she explain her and Klaus? There had to be some sort of reason written in the stars that made the two of them drawn together.

They didn't take it any further then a kiss under the moon last night. She wasn't ready for anything else, she didn't even want to talk about it with him afterwards. A part of her felt guilty, for kissing him and for how she felt about the hybrid. He had caused so much pain, but like he mother use to tell her— 'there are something that are just fate, things you can't change.'
She believed that was true for her and Klaus, she couldn't change the way she felt, it was fate. It had to be.

Klaus drove Adeline home after the kiss, walked her to the door and left her with a kiss on the cheek. He wanted to be sure she got home safely— without any further disturbance from the Salvatore or anyone else for that matter. Adeline knew there would be a lot of explaining to do after the scene that unfolded last night.

Her doorbell rang and she quickly headed downstairs, still with messy bed head and a oversized T-shirt and shorts on.

"Morning." Stefan half heartedly smile at his friend, Elena and Damon were standing beside him. "We come baring gifts." He gestured to the coffee in his hands. She smiled and swung the door wide open, inviting them in.

"Elena—" Adeline pulled at her friends arm, wanting to get her alone for a moment. "The kiss with Stefan, I don't know what that was about and I didn't want you to think—"

"I know." Elena cut her off with a smile. "It's okay."

Adeline sighed with relief she didn't want her friend to think anything about it— after all Stefan wasn't the one she had feelings for. As crazy as it sounded having feelings for Stefan probably would be easier then have to tell her the truth about Klaus. But she would worry about that another day.

"So Stefan here wanted to apologize for mouth raping you last night." Damon smirked.

"Nice Damon. Very charming." Stefan scoffed.

Adeline and Elena both laughed at the boys. Damon always just cut to the point— never worrying about if it would be the situation uncomfortable or not.

"I am sorry about that though— I don't know why I did it... I just—" he started .

"Stefan, let's just not mention it, okay?" Adeline smiled. She just wanted to move on from the subject.

"Okay." Stefan nodded, smiling back at his friend.

"So— what happened after Klaus ran after you last night?" Elena asked. Adeline took a large sip of her coffee and almost choked. She didn't know what to say to her friends, things were a little tense between them after last night and the truth would probably make things worse.

"Nothing, he just talked— apologized." She didn't lie technically, just left out some details.

"Did he say anything else?" Elena pressed on.

"No— not really." Adeline shrugged. The room felt like it was getting tense again, something was wrong. Addy thought maybe it was just because they were talking about Klaus.

"Nothing about his mom— nothing like that?" Damon asked.

"What's there to say about his mom? Was he supposed to say something?" Adeline questioned in returned. They were a little to curious about Klaus.