Then, Crystal points to the center of the room, a few feet from me, "and this is my brother, Ethan." 

I had my suspicions when I first saw him, but now it is confirmed. This is Ethan. The boy I saw for only a few minutes all those years back, my first crush. Thanks to him, I noticed boys more often.

'Wow.'

My expectations are met.

Crystal continues saying, "the town security was doing their rounds when they heard screaming. They followed the noise and found you unconscious. They think you probably hit a tree running. Ethan and Josh were then contacted by them. What were you doing in here in the first place?!"

Crystal gave her best disapproving face. I am about to get nagged.

Crystal says with disbelief, "you just couldn't have waited till tomorrow, could you?"

"No. It is not like that. After you left, I went shopping. I was getting this weird feeling while I visited the stores," I start explaining.

"You came in cause of a feeling," Crystal questions, glancing at Ethan.

I continue, "I just felt like someone was watching me. Then, when I was finally on my way home, I noticed this person follow me. At first, I thought it was in my head...like why would someone follow me? But I turned around and he smiled at me. Can you believe that? The creep smiled at me."

"So why didn't you call for help or drive away," Josh cuts in.

I sense amusement in his voice, more like sarcasm.

'That butthole.'

Leave it to him to make me feel dumber.

"Well, Josh I panicked. My keys fell to the ground, and it seemed like the guy was getting closer. I just ran. I was trying to lose him. Before I knew it, I was inside the forest. Then, the wolf came. It bit me."

Ethan quickly moves toward me, kneeling right in front of me.

"You got bitten, where," he questions, alarmed.

He appears to be tense, almost mad.

I do not know how to respond. What did I do to make him mad?

I am a victim after all. I practically died out there.

His reaction surprises me, but I became more confused. I cannot understand how they did not notice a wolf's bite mark. My t-shirt must be torn open.

I look down at my attire. The shirt I am wearing is not mine. When I left my house, I clearly put on a blue school t-shirt. Yet, I am wearing an oversized black shirt.

I look at Crystal, muddled, "didn't you see it when you changed my shirt?"

"We haven't changed your shirt, Lilly. This is how we found you."

"I was not wearing this when I left my house," I state.

Confusion rose in everyone's face, but the realization hit me.

"I was so worried about the wolf, but what about the man. I thought I lost him when I saw the wolf. Could he have found me before you guys? Did he change my clothes?!"

I start to shiver, feeling disgusted. This individual must be crazy and a perv. My mind is frantically racing with all the possibilities the man could have done with me alone.

"Is that why you are in pain? We just figured it was from the hit on your head," Crystal says.

Crystal tries to calm me down, "it's okay. We will figure this out."

Crystal looks at me, then at Ethan.

She continues, "so you got bitten."

I nod yes.

Everyone just sits quietly. I notice their gaze towards one another. I feel left out but begin to see Ethan fidget a lot more. Agitation is apparent on his face. Mrs. Adams looks at her son. It is as if Mrs. Adams told Ethan to calm down, because he starts to fidget less.

She turns, looking at me next.

"Would you mind if I take a look dear?"

Mrs. Adams voice is low and sweet. It brings me comfort. I nod in approval. She gently tugs down my right sleeve. The shirt is big enough to slip down, exposing my collar bone and shoulder.

I close my eyes shut afraid to look at the mark but swallow courage, tilting my head to the side to look at the site. Teeth marks are present from the front of my shoulder to the back. I awe in amazement. I am surprised as to how big the wolf's mouth must have been. To be even more specific, I do not understand how I survived such attack. Perhaps, the most amazing part is that the wound appears to be pretty much healed.

How is that possible?

I want to reach out and touch the mark to confirm my eyes. Just as my hand is about to graze the mark, Ethan stops me. He lets out what seems to be a loud growl.

I turn to face him, shocked.

Irritated, Ethan looks into my eyes and shouts, "you're mine."