Meet LeQuita C. Harrison

Interviewer:mikaelkrownmk

We've got GoldFantasy with us today, another amazing fantasy author. She's got quite an interesting inspiration when it comes to writing, and has got a couple of ideas on what makes a successful book. Let's hear it from her shall we.

What's your name and tell us a little about yourself?

Hello! My name is LeQuita C. Harrison. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. I've been writing since I was a child, and it has grown into the love of my life. I am a devoted Christian and a graphic designer. I love to draw and to cook and spend time with my family.

What or who inspires you to write?

The desire to capture someone's mind and to free them from the stresses of life inspires me to write. When I read books and short stories, I do so to grab those hours to jump out of reality and explore the impossible. So, I want others to feel the same way.

What do you think makes a successful book?

I think what makes a successful book is when a writer receives different responses from readers. Whether they love or hate a character or a situation, or feel a connection or can relate, I believe a writer has accomplished what all writers want. We want to capture people in any way we can and have them react naturally. We want them to become invested just as much as we are in creating and developing every character, the world, the conflicts, and etcetera. That is a successful book.

What's your favorite quote?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

Define Fantasy in your own words?

Freedom for the heart, mind, and soul.

Are you a planner or a Pantser?

I am a planner. I love outlining my stories and having a temporary ending in mind as I do so.

Who's your favorite fantasy author?

I'm always adding to this list. Right now, my favorite author is Tahereh Mafi who wrote the Shatter Me Series.

Pet peeves?

TV Shows that I end up loving only to have them end up cancelled or forced into an abrupt ending...

Most used app?

Other than the amazing Wattpad app, Instagram comes second.

A city or country you'd like to visit?

I would love to visit Egypt one day and climb to the top of one of the pyramids.

What's the first book you read on Wattpad?

My Wattpad Love by @Ariana_Godoy

Read the book or watch the movie?

Read the book. The book is always better than its movie.

Kittens or puppies?

I love puppies!!

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

Right now, I am in the process of writing the sequel to The Fairest called The Strangest. I am also writing a few short stories and editing stories I've already written.

And there you have it. GoldFantasy has spoken. Thank you for your time spent on this interview.