battle wounds

The CEO landed on the ground with a thud, thankfully the seat took most of the damage. Only leaving her with a stinging pain in her backside from the impact. Her vision was blurry from what she hoped was tears as she struggled to undo the seatbelt and get as far away from that metal giant as she could for the time being.

All she could see was the mecha stomping away, and the broken bits and pieces left of the hummingbird suit. She wanted to go check on her father but then it dawned on her; logically speaking there was no way he could have survived an impact like that. Her father was gone and there was nothing she could do to save him- but she could still save Korra.

If only she could get out of the seat, the belt seemed to have gotten jammed somehow, leaving her stuck tightly in place.

"Dammit!" she yelled, striking the metal with her hand until the button unlatched and allowed her to escape from the restraints.

She ran the opposite way while gasping for air, tired and traumatized from the events that replayed over and over in her head. Soon spotting Jinora, Tenzin, and Kya in the distance. Jinora turned around when she heard the engineer approaching and called out her name in concern as she stopped in front of them.

"I- Kuvira- my dad..." she choked out. Pointing to the giant mecha still in the distance.

They all looked at each other in confusion as Asami tried to explain what happened. "Kuvira killed my father! " she cried out as an answer.

"Oh, Asami!" Jinora said, holding her arms out empathetically and bringing her into a hug.

"Sit down, Sweetie." Kya instructed. "Why don't you let me heal that.... and that, okay we might need a few minutes." she explained.

"No." she snapped, turning around to go the opposite way. Not completely sure what she was planning to do in the first place. Likely anything but sit and think about what she had just witnessed.

"Asami." Kya warned, placing her hand on the young girl's shoulder.

"I have to help Korra!" The CEO argued.

The healer gave her a deadpan expression and motioned for her to sit down, which Asami reluctantly obeyed.

"You've already helped Korra so much dear. Let me heal you first, then you can help some of the Airbenders. Okay?"

Asami didn't answer, and the healer didn't want to push it. Instead she gathered the water from her healing canister, forming a large orb of the water; guiding it to the side of her face, arms, and hands. All that had been scratched up during the attacks in the warehouse and while flying the mecha suit. Neither said a word, Jinora tried to distract Asami by showing her a book that she had along with her which the CEO appreciated. Even if she couldn't show it.

"We need to move fast." Korra stated.

The alarms on the inside of the mecha were already blaring and there were surely guards coming to atop them.

"Su, Lin, climb up to the arm and try to disable that weapon. Mako, Bolin, get to the engine and see if you can power this thing down. I'm going after Kuvira."

"Are you sure?" Su asked. "When you fought Kuvira before..."

Korra knew what she was trying to say, or rather, trying to imply- Su was too polite to let something like that slip. Nonetheless it was a valid question, and Korra already had her answer.

"I know, she almost destroyed me." Korra replied, finishing the sentence for the younger Beifong. "Not this time."

It was a long climb up the elevator; Mako and Bolin as well as Lin and Su had already reached their destinations. Just before she started striking the hatch to the entrance of Kuvira's quarters she heard Kuvira yelling about the mecha. Lin and Su took out the weapon, now there was only one thing left to do.