Before you read

Please, I would kindly ask that you read this part before starting.

1. This story contains and will explore themes that can be seen as triggering for some audiences, so please do proceed with caution; such themes include self-harming behaviour (including both self-harm and suicide), abuse and its mental effects on both the abuser and abused and arson (as a criminally-handled offence).

Moreover, there will be mentions of needles (and the likes of the medical field) and corpses, so please be mindful of it and do not proceed if such bring you discomfort.

(It's highly advised that if you have experienced the labelled themes above, please, don't bottle it up or suffer alone; there are several services available dealing with mental well-being, and feel free to reach out to me too if you need to talk with someone; as a suicide survivor, I am here to listen and willing to help as much as I can.)

2. References and influences made to other literary works - including Dazai's The Setting Sun and No Longer Human amongst others - will be credited at the end of each respective chapter. (This does not apply for allusions used in the story).

3. This story will be written in the first-person perspective, for the most part, however, some chapters will take the structure of a third-person narrative; for the latter, media will be attached to the top banner of the chapter for easier recognition.

4. Each chapter has been edited, but it's possible that some errors have slipped by and may still be present, along with grammatical misuses too; English isn't my first language so such mistakes may occur, however, I believe (and hope) you won't meet such inconvenience.

It would also mean a lot if you also checked out my two other completed (as of publishing this) Bungo Stray Dogs x Reader stories:

- 'Prey and Predator' (Ranpo)
- 'Emotions' (Dazai - heavily influenced by another Wattpad Writer's story)

With that said, thank you so much for choosing to read 'Chrysanthemum Garden' and I hope you enjoy it!

© AnAlienFromJupiter , 2021