Chapters 34-59

I LOST THE BOOK I TOOK TOO LONG READING IT AND IT RETURNED ITSELF TO THE LIBRARY IMMA GO CRY FOREVER AHHHHHHH

anyway. 

Non-Spoilery Section

The plot is finally getting somewhere. And my somewhere I mean the adventure and action part. I couldn't care less for the romance part. I really couldn't care less. The territorial Fae-ness is so so so fricking annoying. It bothers me so much. Why don't Fae have more control? I can't express this enough, it annoys me so much. 

Spoiler Section

Don't Come Please

I Don't Wanna Spoil It For You

1.) The c-word was dropped. IMO, it wasn't necessary. I feel like since ACOTAR was teetering at the line between YA and NA, and it was already so risque, and this book was pushed as NA, Sarah felt like the only way to make it NA was making the sex more explicit. No, Sarah. Sex is not the only thing that makes a book NA. And honestly, I don't want so much sex. That is literally the focal point of this book. Sex and masturbating. I don't care about any of this stuff! I really don't! I don't understand how you can have a masterpiece like the ACOTAR trilogy and eff up so badly in this one. Also, I'm never having sex this book has ruined sex for me it's freaking disgusting. I- just- ugh. I wish I could make a YouTube video and show my true feelings with facial expressions and hand movements. 

2.) I feel like Sarah likes describing the vastness of and extreme-ness of things, but after a while it gets old. I'll give you an example. The Bogge was described as this big, bad, terrible thing, which is supposed to make you scared. But now there's this thing called the Lanthys which is like more than double Bogge, and now that's supposed to make you scared. Similary, Amren is supposed to be so old, but the Dead Trove or whatever it was called is supposed to be even older. It's kinda hard to grasp. Don't get me wrong, it is cool, but it gets old after a while, because this new thing is eviler than the last thing which was the most evil and this new thing is much older than the last thing which was the oldest thing you could possibly imagine. 

3.) Rhys is such an ass in this. And before I continue, you should know that I was a Rhys STAN. I loved everything about him, and he was on my list of book boyfriends. Not anymore. He is such an ass to Nesta, and maybe it's because it's from Nesta's perspective that I don't like him anymore, but still. I don't understand how Cassian and Feyre aren't more pissed with Rhys. He had one problem with Nesta (initially)- that she let Feyre go into the woods by herself to hunt for the family. That was years ago. I see no other reason for him to hate Nesta so much, so it must be because of that. And if it is, by the Cauldron, Rhysand, CRY ME A RIVER, BUILD A FREAKING BRIDGE, AND GET THE FUCK OVER IT! my god. 

4.) I hate the territorial Fae BS. It's so annoying. It has ruined Rhys and Cassian for me. The only characters I like anymore are Mor, kinda Amren, Gwyn, Emerie, kinda Nesta, Azriel, and Helion. 

My first thoughts of this book are like- Is this a joke? How can you go from the masterpiece that was the ACOTAR trilogy to this?

anyway my next update will probably be in a while whenever I get ACOSF from the library again. buh bye.