Chapter 1

He didn’t know when or how, but he found himself there. He scanned his memories and found nothing; he observed his surroundings and noticed that he was in a forest. He walked through the lush greenery and approached a lake which sat in the middle of the forest, he put his hands in his red jersey jacket’s pockets - which have white stripes on the sleeves - for cover but he found something. He paused momentarily. He found a gun, no, an ‘Evoker' a memory long forgotten echoed in his head before it disappeared.

“An Evoker.” He called out so he could remember it clearly through his eidetic and photographic memory and not forget it from the sea of thoughts.

He put it back in his pocket and continued his approach towards the lake and once he did, he looked down. Average, slothful, red. Those are the first words that came into mind when he looked at his own reflection through the lake's interference. His appearance was that of someone in his late teens to his early twenties, black hair and eyes with a healthy pale was his physical features along with his clothing being a pair of blue slippers with white socks, dark red trousers, a black T-shirt and a red jersey jacket which contained white stripes on the sleeves. All in all, he didn’t look particularly special. He stared at his own reflection in hope to find something, but he found nothing.

He inwardly sighed as he wanted to temporarily name himself just in case for any possibilities he comes across someone in this forest. He closed his eyes in contemplation, searching a name which suited him; he wasn’t looking for his old name as he knew instinctively there would be no use for it and searching for his memories would be a good temporary goal to strive for.

“Hmm...” He grumbled out “’Yato' for stopped night.” He decided as it was appropriate in his situation; his night stopped because he woke up in a new world which was currently in the day. “And... ‘Noragami’ seems to fit it perfectly, for some reason...” He mumbled in affirmation as he remembered the fact that ‘Noragami' means ‘stray god' which relates to himself perfectly since he was currently a ‘stray' in this new world, and the fact that he is only aware of his current life therefore makes him the protagonist or god of this one life.

“Yato Noragami.” He stated his name to no one particular as he stared at his reflection even deeply, hoping for something to happen, and to his morbid surprise something did happen.

[Are you going to be staring at yourself all day?], A sarcastic voice from the inside of his own head asked to which he in response looked around but found no one.

“Who?” He asked to inquire more information to which he got an answer which was unsatisfying.

[Shouldn’t you already know?], The snark in the voice was easily recognisable.

“No, I don’t.” He responded to which he could visibly feel the frustration of the being in his head.

[Then remember, stupid dumbass.] He responded which made Yato's eyebrow twitch in annoyance, but it was soon broken when he turned his head because of a nearby commotion.

“Dogoo.” A weird blue blob looked at him, he stared back.

[What unholy abomination is this? Although, me talking about something unholy is ironic.] Yato decided to ignore the voice in his head for the time being as he looked at the creature in confusion.

“What?” He questioned as he looked at the weird creature.

“DOGOOOOOO!” It let out a warcry as it flung itself towards Yato who jumped back just in time; it attacked numerous times and Yato could do nothing but continuing to dodge.

He thought back to the Evoker in his pocket and decided to pull it out and aim at the weird blob which only spoke the words “Dogoo" – hence why he would call it “Dogoo" from now on – and then he closed one eye and pulled the trigger.