• Chapter 16 •

Start from the beginning

Her anger not diminishing even a little, Julia ripped her arm away from his grasp. She was still unbelievably hurt and pissed at him for Murphy and for what he said about her and Octavia.

When there was danger or one of them was hurt, Julia was able to look past her anger towards Bellamy. But now the danger of Finn dying was gone and so she no longer had any excuse to not act on the way she felt about him at the moment.

"What do you want, Bellamy?" Julia demanded. Bellamy stepped back in surprise. He thought she had gotten over her anger both during the situation when she was kidnapped and when Finn was dying, but he could see that this was definitely not the case.

"Did you just speak to someone on the Ark? Who?" Bellamy questioned her. "So what if I did? Octavia and I ruined your life, right, so why even pretend to care?" Julia responded and Bellamy sighed regretfully. "Julia, you know I didn't mean that." He told her and Julia didn't respond.

She just looked away from him, her mind going in many directions at once. All her life, Bellamy and Octavia were the only two people that loved and cared for her. Especially Bellamy, so it was hard to stay angry at him and not forgive him. For what he said, at least. She knew she would still never truly forgive him for what he did to Murphy.

After a minute, Julia looked back at him. "Councillor Kane." She revealed. Bellamy's eyes widened slightly as his eyes showed signs of panic that would only be visible to those who knew him best.

"What did he say to you?" Bellamy quickly questioned his little sister, stepping closer to her. "Whoa, Bellamy, relax. He didn't say anything to me about you shooting Jaha, if that's what you're worried about." Julia responded, not understanding his panic.

Her response seemed to reassure Bellamy as the panic faded and he stepped back in relief.

"Good." Bellamy spoke after a moment. He didn't seem like he was going to say anything else or elaborate on his panic, so Julia just shot him another weirded-out look before walking past him.

She decided to go visit Finn and see how he was doing. She stopped outside the tent. "Hey, Finn. Can I come in?" She said and waited for a response. "Of course. Come on in, Jules." Finn's voice spoke from inside the tent.

Ever since she walked into Bellamy's tent with Clarke and Finn earlier in the week and saw girls in Bellamy's bed, Julia made sure to always speak and ask before entering a tent. She wanted to make sure she would never accidentally enter a situation where she would actually see something that would scar her for life.

Julia entered Finn's tent to see him laying down with Raven in the seat next to him. The young girl sat down in the other seat next to Finn and the three of them spent some time together, talking and allowing Raven and Julia to get to know each other a little.

~~~

After about half an hour, Julia left the tent. When she exited, she saw Bellamy and Clarke at the entryway to the camp. They had backpacks on and seemed like they were leaving to go somewhere.

Julia and Bellamy locked eyes, but Julia soon broke their gaze. Shaking thoughts of him out of her mind, she decided she would go eat her morning rations, which she hadn't had yet.

She grabbed a pack of nuts before going to the back of the camp. She stopped in front of the tree where she and Murphy spent their last night together before he was banished.