Chapter 18: Sweet Dreams

*HAPPY (late) VALENTINES DAY*

•Dessa's P.O.V:

"Marilyn?" I ask as he comes in the room, holding something behind his back.

He smiles, "In the flesh," he says sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I manage to put my hand on his cheek.

"I came to see my beautiful daughter," he says smiling.

It all makes sense. Dessa Mae Warner.

He sets the flowers in my lap, "They're...... Beautiful," I say smiling.

"Not as beautiful as you," he says kissing my forehead.

"It was you at the concert that yelled wasn't it?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. Poor baby," he says smiling at me.

I smile back at him, "Now what shall we do?" He asks.

"Knowing you, finding trouble," I say smiling.

He laughs, "Yeah. Nice shirt," he says pointing to my Marilyn Manson shirt that I have on, it's the one that Chris and the guys signed.

"I saw the sign on the door. Chemo starts today," he says and I sadly smile.

"Movie?" Dad suggests.

"Sure," I say and I grab a box of movies out from underneath my bed.

"This one?" He asks pulling out Lilo and Stitch.

"Alright," I say and he goes and puts it in the DVD player.

He grabs the remote and comes and sits back down next to me.

A stray tear finds its way down my face, Mum and I used to love watching Lilo and Stitch together. She hasn't come to see me once.

I wipe it away and I lean my head on Dad's shoulder.

•Ricky's P.O.V:

I've never seen Chris so quiet in my life.

I decide to call up Ashley.

She answers on the third ring, "Hey Ricky," she says.

"Hey. How are you?" I ask as I sit down on my bed.

"I'm good. About to go and check on Dessa," she says and I hear a gasp.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

•Ashley's P.O.V:

I'm in the elevator going up to check on Dessa when my phone rings, "Hey Ricky," I say answering the phone.

"Hey. How are you?" He asks as I step out of the elevator.

"I'm good. About to go and check on Dessa," I say opening the door and I gasp. Marilyn Manson?!

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm gonna have to call you back," I say hanging up.

Marilyn turns to look at me and puts his fingers to his lips, then points to Dessa, she's asleep.

I walk in, quietly shutting the door behind me and I sit in one of the chairs that's near the bed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Marilyn in a whisper.

"I came to see my Daughter," he says smiling.

"Your daughter?" I ask.

"Yeah. See, I did somethings I'm not proud of when she was little, her Mum Heather filed for divorce, and she got Dessa. I was allowed visits up until she was 8, and I've been looking for her ever since," he says with tears in his eyes.

"I'm glad you found her," I say before my attention goes to the TV, where the Lilo and Stitch menu song keeps replaying.

I turn it off and I set the remote on the nightstand.

I see the roses in Dessa's lap, "Let me get a vase for those," I say opening a cupboard and I grab Dessa's favorite vase, it's just a plain light blue one.

I fill it with water and I put the flowers in it.

I set it on the little table at the foot of her bed, and I return to the chair.

Marilyn pulls out his phone and scowls at it, growling.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Twiggy needs me," he says looking lovingly at Dessa.

He grabs something out of his pocket and hands it to me. It's a piece of paper.

"This has my contact information on it. Please give it to her when she wakes up," he says sadly getting up and he leaves.

I put the slip of paper in my pocket, and I wait for Dessa to wake up.