a whimper escaped my mouth, seeing the blood drip to the ground, from my split open lip. i looked back, seeing aiden's body on the ground.

    a flash of ricks face caught my eyes as he rushed to where daryl was, tackling nicolas to the ground.

    glenn turned back, watching as the blood spewed from my lip. i ignored him, stepping to where aiden was now stood up.

   "you wanna end up on your ass again?" i gritted through my teeth, getting up into his face.

   kennedy rushed to my side, pulling me away from deannas son. "it's okay, back up." she whispered, pulling me back, my eyes never leaving aidens .

   "listen up, i want everyone to hear me." deanna started, looking all around while kennedy held me tight in her arms, "rick and his people are part of this community now in all ways as equals. understood?"

   "all of you, turn in your weapons. then you two come talk to me." she demanded, looking around at the rest of us who still stood near by.

   "hell with this " i uttered, loud enough for deanna to hear as i grabbed my gun, and stormed for the gate.

   "melanie." i heard a couple people say in unison, but i didn't dare to turn around after what just happened.

    "open the damn gates!" i yelled, panting from the situation. i waited for a couple seconds, and as soon as the gates opened i bolted.

   no idea in mind to where i was going, i just ran. ran like i did when beth and davina got taken a couple months back.

    i had a thing for running, physically and emotionally. after my abusive relationship, my life at home, from glenn, physically after my friends. it had become easy to me.

   i ran until the sun started to rise, finally taking a break under an old tree stump.  "you have to stop running baby" i heard a familiar mans voice say, causing me to stand up quickly in confusion.

   "hello? is someone out there?" i yelled, questioning the man when i didn't see him. soon the mans figure appeared, my eyes widened seeing my dad.

   "daddy?" i questioned, knowing i couldn't be seeing things right. the figure smiled, coming closer to me, yet i didn't back up or hesitate.

   "hello, melanie" he smiled, reaching out to touch my face, which felt so real. "this isn't real." i sniffled, backing away from my father, making his smile turn into a frown.

   he shook his head, looking away, "my beautiful daughter, you need to know something important." he said, pointing to me.

   i stood there silently, watching his body move slowly, "sometimes you need to take a deep breath, and remind yourself not everyone is going to break you like i did."

   i held back a sob, stepping closer to grab his hand in mine, "daddy, you didn't hurt me." i mumbled, looking up to him.

   "i have caused you and your sisters grief, i never wishe-" before he could finish his sentence, he vanished out of thin air, revealing sasha who was shaking me roughly.

   "melanie, are you okay?" she questioned, squeezing my shoulders with her hands, i looked around taking notice to my surroundings.