Chapter 16

*TW// SEWERSLIDAL IDEATION*

Dream and Dan stood in a good old-fashioned Wild West standoff. Only difference, it wasn't noon. The setting sun did however cast equally aesthetic colours and shadows across the dock. Both of their guns pointed to the ground, and neither tore their gaze from the other.

"You killed my daughter."

"You killed my friends," Dream retorted, "Plural."

"So we both want revenge," Dan relaxed his stance and lowered his gun.

"Indeed we do," Dream replied cautiously following his lead.

"I have a proposition for you then."

Dream blinked hiding his curiosity, "What kind of proposition?"

"A good one," he explained poorly, "One of your friends told me you didn't care if you lived or died. Tried to convince me to let you go and take just the one with a sailor's mouth."

Dream huffed. He didn't like this proposition so far. He'd rather keep his life.

"It didn't work," Dan tossed his gun between his hands. "But hey, I don't care about living either."

"Nothing left to live for?" Dream asked.

Dan smiled without a hint of remorse, "Nothing left to live for."

"Pog."

Dan looked at him like he was speaking a different language and shook his head ridding the thoughts.

"Anyways," he taunted with a smile. "Why don't we both just die? No killing or shooting each other. We'll just take ourselves out."

The idea of an easy death like this appealed to Dream less than before. It was easier than surviving to see America, but then again, he promised Tommy he wouldn't leave him alone. But now Tommy had Fundy and soon, he'd have Wilbur. He wasn't technically alone. No, that wasn't a guarantee. Dream had to get him to someone else before he kicked the bucket. Dan grinned raising his gun to his temple. Dream did the same.

"On the count of three?"

Dream nodded mimicking the other man and closed his eyes.

"Three, two, one."

Dan and Dream had their fingers on their triggers in sync, but only one of them fired. Dream's eyes shot open, and he shook on his non-existent legs. How could he have even think of agreeing to a pact like this?

How could he leave when he was so close to George? George was waiting just across the water. He couldn't leave Tommy to be the one to tell George and Sapnap about Bad. He couldn't leave Tommy to wander France alone. Dream didn't protect him from every apocalyptic danger, nor would that even possible, but the least he could do was lessen the emotional damage. Dream shook and fell back into the water.

He landed on a large tire. Why Fundy had a tire on his boat, Dream had no idea, but it was fortunate for him. Turning over onto his stomach, Dream paddled with his singular working arm across the water. It was a slow process, rowing across the English Channel, but he knew he could do it. He had to, so he paddled.

Dream could barely see where he was going. Drifting, really. All he had to do was make it to the shore though. The thought of George waiting kept him going. He was there somewhere unaware Dream was coming. Dream's heart pounded in his chest, and what was left of his vision blurred further. He wasn't going to stay awake for the rest of the journey, but the shore finally appeared a mere hundred or so feet away. He was so close.

George's minecraft skin appeared above the water and he hovered extending his arms to Dream. He smiled calling for Dream to stop.

Dream smiled not even bothering to question why there was a fucking block man above him. George was George in every form. Dream smiled letting his eyes close and exhaustion take over knowing George was with him even in the weirdest of ways.

Word Count: 648