23: The upside down. (end of season 1)

Start from the beginning

"I knew she was hoarding it. Knew it." Dustin grabbed armfuls of pudding. "Always lying, saying she's out. Bald-faced liar."

"Did you find any spoons?" I asked Dustin and Lucas.

"Couldn't find any. Lunch lady Phyllis probably just dumps the whole thing in her mouth." Dustin snickered.

I went back into the kitchen and stood on the counter to look through cupboards for spoons while Dustin and Lucas raided the pantry.

I was shoving some paper plates out of the way when I heard a weird noise.

I turned to see Lucas had dumped a bag of corn pops on Dustins head and was laughing, which made me laugh.

Dustin brushed them off of his head and re-adjusted his hat.

"Any luck?" He asked me.

"Not- oh wait!" I said, finding a large box of plastic spoons.

I grabbed them and jumped down from the counter.

"Are you really that short?" Dustin asked as I hopped off the counter.

I was around the same height as El, so I wouldn't say I was that short.

"Man, only lunch lady Phyllis can reach them." I replied, making the two boys laugh.

Dustin Lucas and I walked back into the cafeteria and over to El.

Dustin and Lucas dumped their trays of pudding down.

I dropped the spoons down on the table, and realized Mike was no where to be seen.

"This will charge your battery right up, I'm telling you." Dustin said to El, opening a can.

Suddenly Mike came running in from outside. "Guys!" He panted. "Guys!"

"What is it?" Lucas asked in an almost whisper like tone.

"They found us." Mike said.

We heard a loud pounding sound coming from the gym.

We ran away from the cafeteria, and took a short cut through the kitchen to get to the halls. When we got in the halls, we heard a door close in the kitchen. We sprinted down the halls.

"How did they find us?!" Lucas asked.

"I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym!" Mike said.

"Lando." Dustin said.

We turned a corner and saw a group of men with guns.

"Shit!" I said.

"Got 'em." One of the men said.

"GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!" Dustin yelled.

We turned and ran around another corner to be met with another group of agents.

"Go back! Go back!" Mike yelled, but the first group was still running after us.