Louis and Liam flung themselves onto the bags next to me, and I put my feet on Liam’s stomach and rested my head on Louis’. “Six pack,” I said appreciatively, wiggling my head.

Louis flexed, holding up his arms and said, “Welcome to the gun show,” in this ridiculously deep voice, and I laughed.

Harry, who’d been fiddling with the little TV that sat in the corner, called over his shoulder, “The Lion King? Or Mulan?” and I squealed.

“We’re having, like, a movie day?” I asked excitedly as Kayla curled up next to me.  I tucked her closer.

“Like, yeah!” Harry squealed back, imitating my voice. I rolled my eyes at him.

Mulan soon poured out of the speakers, and I could hear Louis’ heartbeat and feel each of Liam’s breaths.

“Oh!” Niall yelped, sitting upright. “I forgot the popcorn!”

“How are you not fat?” I said, reaching over to tickle his stomach, but all I felt were lean muscles. “It’s just not fair.”

He grinned secretively. “A magician never reveals his secrets.” Then he hopped up to grab his snack, and when he came back, he was already chowing down.

“Aw, come on man,” Zayn whined. “Save some for the rest of us!”

Louis took a kernel. “Watch this!” He tossed it into the air, almost five feet, and caught it perfectly in his waiting mouth. Liam was next, throwing one piece and then the other. He caught both skillfully and Niall clapped.

Five minutes later all of us were trying, and Kayla was pretty good. I, on the other hand, couldn’t catch any; instead, one bounced of my nose and flew somewhere behind me. Smooth.

“We need more popcorn,” Kayla griped, talking over the movie that none of us were fully paying attention to. She looked to Niall. “Carry me to the cafeteria?”

He laughed that laugh he has, pulling her up and kneeling so she could climb onto his back.

“Piggyback racing!" Louis and Harry broke out at the same time, in a cute, excited shout.

Before I knew what was going on, Niall and Kayla, Harry and Louis, and Liam and I were lined up in the empty hallway. “On three,” Louis whispered so he wouldn’t bother anyone else on the floor.

“Three!”

I laughed as we took off, scrabbling to keep my arms around Liam’s shoulders. “You better not drop me!” I threatene, but he only ran faster. Kay and Niall were much further ahead, but Louis and Harry were right behind us.

By the time we got to the hospital’s cafeteria, I was breathless with giggles and Liam’s face was red as he gasped with laughter. Niall and Kayla had beaten us by a mile, and had already grabbed more popcorn.

Thank goodness the cafeteria was pretty much empty, or we’d probably look a little weird.

We walked back normally, though. Well, as normally as a girl with leukemia, five famous pop stars, and a freakishly tall teenage girl could get.

~

“Titanic!” I yelled. We were back in Kayla’s room, sprawled across the beanbags, and trying to decide which movie we were going to watch next. “We’re so watching this.”

Kayla giggled. “But this movie makes you cry, Brooke.”

I shrugged, clucking her chin and popping the movie in. “Gotta love the classics.”

As predicted, I cried like a baby, but tried to keep the snot and sniffling to a minimum. “I’ll never let go, Jack,” Rose whispered on screen, and I made a weird choking noise in the back of my throat as I tried to keep my emotions in check.