Chapter 41

Dream's POV

I don't remember what I was doing when I found out but I ran as fast as I could back home.

'It couldn't be true' I told myself over and over again.

She is fine, of course she is fine. She has to be.

Tonight I was going to get on one knee and ask her to marry me. Forreal this time, this time it would be out of love for her. I was going to promise her the world, the rivers, mountains, and everything in between.

She has barely seen anything, locked in invisible barriers her whole life. She can't die before I got to show her the world.

I could barely feel my legs as I opened the door.

As I saw Sapnap leaning by her side in tears. I couldn't move, I couldn't breath.

'Please stay with me' she whispered that night. I said no. If only I said yes, she would be here. I would be able to hear her laugh one more time, see her eyes light up when she is smiling.

My legs gave out as I collapsed on the ground screaming. Screaming to the gods to bring her back.

Why did it have to be her? It should've been me, I wished it had been.

She gave everything she had until she was bare. Sacrificed her ability to marry for love just so the people of her country could.

My heart was shattered into pieces and she put the pieces back together. (Y/n) saw the last bit of good in me.

I sat there crying until I couldn't breathe anymore. I begged for someone to save her. Yet no one came.

She died all alone, no one was there to hold her hand and tell her things would be okay. She needs to know that she wasn't by herself.

"I am right here," I whispered. 

* * *

Days went by and I couldn't eat or sleep. All I did was stare at the ring I was going to put back on her finger and sit with her cat as it was the only thing I had left of her.

The only single motivation that was given to me was Sapnap telling me who was involved.

Not only was it Technoblade but Tommy was there too. A guy she trusted so much, a guy she loved.

That day I promised myself that I would make Tommy live the worst hell of his life. I would make it so he never could step a foot in the country of L'Manburg.

And when the day came, I hoped to be the one to kill him.

Yet my story will get overlooked. I may be the villain but I wasn't always. I loved and lost. Why does everyone deserve to get their happy ending when she didn't get hers?