famous

famous

Lilith soon found out that Sophie was pretty similar to her. She didn't hide herself like people usually did when they just met someone. She was loud, sarcastic but you could also see kindness in her brown eyes. And the best part is that she didn't treat Lilith differently because of who she was.

She somehow reminded Lilith of Ginny and the girl told herself the two would either go along extremely well or hate the other after five seconds.

Sophie was exactly the kind of friend Lilith needed in her new House. She was unapologetically herself and if Lilith couldn't handle it, then she'd find someone else to befriend. But of course Lilith could handle it and the young women talked like they've been friends since forever.

"Ok, but what's the deal with you and Malfoy? I mean, I heard some crazy stories about you two and the guy is an arsehole but still." asked Sophie, switching her bag form one shoulder to the other.

"You know, every time someone asks me that I want to start telling them when it all began. But truth is, I don't even remember." sighted Lilith. "I just know that I hate him more then I ever hated anyone in my entire life. Every moves he makes and every word coming out of his mouth makes me want to hex him. I also know that he feels the same about me."

Sophie laughed. "And now, you're potion partners."

Lilith groaned as they arrived to the Slytherin common room. "Don't remind me."

"I'm sorry! It's just fun to see you two interact the same way you always did after everything." smiled Sophie maliciously.

"Happy to entertain." said Lilith, bowing in a dramatic manner while they entered the common room. The two girls went and dropped their things off on their beds.

For the first two weeks back, the school board had decided to teach only half days. They wanted the students to get used to the new reality. The absence of old classmates, new infrastructures, new Houses. Potion classes took two periods so it had been Lilith's only thing to do today.

She said goodbye to Sophie and headed to the Black Lac. Harry, Ron, Hermione and her had planned to meet there this afternoon.

Sure enough, sitting close to a tree, were her friends. Ron had his head on Hermione's leg and Harry was laying against the tree trunk, this week's edition of The Daily Prophet in hand.

"What does it say?" asked Lilith, sitting in front of Harry.

"It's about us." he answered.

"Again? Well don't be shy, read it out loud." said Ron, eyes closed, Hermione smiling lovingly down at him.

"Today marks the beginning of a new school year for the Golden Quatuor and their fellow classmates. After years of battles and constant fight for their lives, The Boy Who Lived, The Girl Who Knew, The Boy Who Loved and The Girl Who Fought enter Hogwarts for one last time before going out into the world. We cannot help but wonder if the horrible incidents of their past affected their academic experience and if they will be able to follow their classmates' lead. However, we hope these four wonderful young men and women a year full of success."

"Traduction, they think we're too stupid to be in the same year as our friends but they adore us so it doesn't matter." said Hermione, eyebrows raised.

"And it's so cheesy. Who wrote that piece of shit?" complained Ron.

"I will never forgive Ginny for giving them the idea for the nicknames. The Girl Who Fought? What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?" said Lilith.

Ron hit her knee lightly. "Shut up, at least yours kind of make sense. How did I end up being The Boy Who Loved?"

One of the other thing that changed after the war was their status in the media. After years and years of demonizing then, calling them liars, trashing their reputation in newspapers and telling everyone they were crazy, the Ministry had made a 180 degrees turn. The four kids were now heroes, extraordinarily talented people who saved the world. Never mind DA or the Order of the Phœnix, or even the incredible number of students that fought against adults to defend the castle. No, the Golden Quatuor was marketing gold and the Ministry wasn't going to pass out on it. The youngest Weasley child had thought it was a great idea to aliment the propaganda. At the beginning, the four friends found Ginny's idea funny too. But then, the number of articles on them went up. Journalists began digging up information on their families, stalking classmates for anecdotes and even following them around. They were like celebrities and it was overwhelming.

That was another reason why they looked forward to coming back at Hogwart. Headmaster McGonnagle had assured protection if needed and promised she'd fill a complaint if they were harassed on the castle's grounds?

Harry shook his head and with a flick of his wand, the newspaper with their pictures in first page crumbled up in flames. Slowly, the last piece of paper disappeared and the four friends relaxed.

"I saw you walking off with that Sophie girl at lunch. How's that going?" the green-eyed boy asked.

"The way you guys talk about it it's like I'm on a mission or something." chuckled Lilith. "It's going good. She's funny and doesn't seem to take shit from other Slytherin. She's exactly the type of friend I need over there."

"Is she an Original?" asked Hermione.

After only one day, students had already found names for the House-changing situation. Originals were wizards and witches that stayed in the same house. Transfers were those who, well, transferred. It wasn't really hard to grasp.

"Yeah, Slytherin since generations ago. Like most of them." Lilith said, picking dirt from under her nails.

~~~

It was seven o'clock when Lilith went back to her common room. Harry, Ron, Hermione and her had spent the afternoon at that tree. She had left, waving at them at a hallway corner and going down to the dungeons. The door opened on groups of three or four friends chatting on the couches and tables. Dean was reading a book, his dark expression enough to keep anyone from talking to him. Susan was sitting with a girl and waved at Lilith. But one duo in particular attracted her attention.

Sitting on a chair by the fireplace was Malfoy who was kissing–if you could call the way their mouths seemed to attack each other that–her dorm mate, Sydney. They were glued to each other, hands on legs or in hair, and Lilith had a flashback to when Ron used to date Lavender Brown. She wasn't able to restrain a noise of disgust.

Malfoy, to Sydney's obvious disappointment, interrupted their make out session. "What is it Arstend? Are we annoying you?"

"Actually, yes, ferret boy. Although the mere sight of you makes me want to throw up, seeing you kissing someone makes it ten times worst." the girl answered, making a few heads turn her way.

"Why is that, Ô Great Saviour of our World?" Malfoy mocked her.

"Because she'll probably catch a disease from touching you and we sleep in the same dorm. I don't want her giving whatever she'll get from you to me." said Lilith while walking towards said dorm.

Malfoy suddenly pushed Sydney off his lap and stood up, a disgusted look on his face. "Ew, she's in your dorm? I don't want to catch anything coming from you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" asked Lilith, stopping in her tracks to look at him.

"You know exactly what it's supposed to mean. What was that comment about me having a disease about?"

"You know exactly what it's supposed to mean." At this point, Lilith and Malfoy were standing close, facing each other. The room was silent and everyone could fell the energy sparkling between the two.

Sophie broke the moment by pulling Lilith away calmly. Her eyes were moving quickly between the two taller students, calculating the right thing to say. "I think we should go upstairs."

After a moment,Lilith recluently broke eye contact and followed the small girl up the stairs to their dormitory and let herself fall back on her bed. She closed her eyes and sighted, apprehending tomorrow's Transfiguration class.