Then it clicked. He was torn apart yesterday. Like a toy, played with and destroyed. George stuffed his head into his pillow, trying his best to keep his tears in. It was to early. He couldn't start his day off like this. Next thing he knows, a buzz on his phone distracted him. It was Karl.

Karl
hey gogy, just checking
up on you.
7:39pm

are you okay?
9:28pm

i assume you fell asleep.
i hope you feel better this
morning. see you at school. :)
7:01am

    George didn't feel like answering.

    "Sorry Karl," George sighed.

    He then realized the time was 7:02, and he needed to get up. George got out of his bed and grabbed a random sweatshirt, and black sweats. He didn't care one bit about what people thought about him today. He means nothing to people, right? George got into the shower, quickly rinsing his body before getting out. He threw on his choice of clothing and ran his fingers through his hair. Then he realized his face. He looked awful. You could tell that something had happened. George ignored it and went back into his room. He fell onto his bed and covered his face with his hands.

    "George! You're going to be late, come on. You've got to go!" George's mom shouted.

    She was right. He should have left 5 minutes ago. George got up, grabbed his things, and walked out of his home. He didn't say a single thing to his mother. Lucky for George, he had always left early anyways, so leaving 5 minutes later wasn't going to cause a problem. Except, George didn't want to go, but he had to. He proceeded to start his car and drive off. George had the music on a very low volume. Tears began to roll down his cheeks as a certain song played. It was called Mr. Loverman.

    'I'm Mr. Loverman, and i miss my lover, man.' George began to sob even harder. It was hard to drive with the tears filling up in his eyes. He was close enough to school to get there safe. George wiped his tears with his hoodie sleeve and exited his car. He threw his backpack on his shoulder and walked into school. Everyone was staring at him. It was probably his appearance, and he was right.

    "I hope he's okay. He hasn't answered any of my texts," Karl spoke anxiously.

    His friends looked up as they noticed Karl staring with a devastated look on his face. It was George, but he looked so much different. His eyes were red and puffy, he was so pale, and he looked rough. Karl pulled George into a tight hug, rubbing circles into his back. George held back his tears. He couldn't cry in school. Karl then released from George and looked at him in the eyes.

    "It's going to be okay. Just make it through today, and you can go back home, or even come with us," Karl smiled. He was hoping to lighten George's mood. "I'll even mention it to Sapnap if you want. They're best friends and he might understand your point."

    George nodded and began to slouch against his locker. He noticed Clay, just down the hall from him. He quickly removed his eyes from the taller boy, and back down to the floor. Not to much longer after that, the bell rang. George got off of his locker and waved his friends goodbye, hugging Karl before walking off. He needed it. George slowly made his way to his least favorite class. Just to make it even better, he remembered Clay would be in there.

George walked into the class, being the last one to enter. He sat down in his seat and threw his bag onto the floor. Today was going to suck.

Clay glanced at George out of the corner of his eye. He looked, different. It wasn't the happy George that would glare at him during class. This was a completely different person. Clay questioned himself. Did he do this? Was he the reason George was like this today? He ran through everything he had said to George the day before. Then the one sentence popped into his mind.

"You mean nothing to me."

    "Oh my god," Clay said out loud. He didn't mean to, but it had slipped.

    Everyone glared in his direction, everyone expect for George.

    "What was that Mr. Taken?" the teacher asked.

    "Oh, nothing. Sorry i didn't mean to blurt out," Clay apologized.

    The teacher nodded and continued her lesson. Clay glared at George for the rest of his class period. Why did he say those things? He felt awful seeing George like that, knowing he was the cause. He wanted to fix it, but why? Why did he care? Clay confused himself, wondering if there was some part of his heart that cared for George. He wasn't a bad guy after all. Then the bell rang again, dismissing them from their first period.

    After what felt like forever, it was finally time for lunch. George made his way to the cafeteria slowly. As soon as he sat down at his table, his friends smiled. They were glad to see that George had made it to lunch. Karl and Alex both knew that George wasn't in any way, 'okay'.

    "Only 2 more classes, and then we can all go over to Alex's if you want," Karl mentioned to George.

    George nodded, agreeing that going over to Alex's was a good idea. Right in that moment, he felt a buzz in his pocket. He had gotten a message. A message from Clay.

Clay <3
can you meet me behind
the school please?
12:46pm

    "Hey guys, i'll be right back." George mentioned before quickly grabbing his things and leaving.

    As much as he hated Clay, he still loved him. You can just get rid of love like that. Seeing Clay made him happy and devastated at the same time.

    There he was. Clay was leaning against the chain fence on his phone. He looked awfully nervous. George could have cared less. If anything, he should have been the nervous one.

    George locked eyes with Clay. He wanted to see what Clay wanted and was going to leave.

    "Look, George," Clay said and then trailing off slightly.

George gave Clay a weird look. Why couldn't Clay just spit it out? It's not like he couldn't. Yesterday he spit out all of those awful things about George, so he could do it here.

"I'm sorry. I know i hurt you and i can't stand to see you like this. It makes me feel awful seeing you being.. not you. I know i said all of those things yesterday and i don't know much about you, but this is not you. I can tell. I'm so sorry." Clay spoke, struggling to regain himself after every breath.

George stood there. Slightly confused, and slightly angry.

    "Why?" George asked hesitantly.

(1769 Words)
——————————————————————-
And another cliffhanger for all of my besties! :) Anyways, just to add a little positivity for this chapter... THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR 10K READS OMG. I literally started this story like a week ago and we are already at 10k. so thank you so so much. i love you all.

drink water and eat today please. you're worth it. <3