The next few days were hell for Alex. Aiden was playing up and whenever he had to leave for work he would cry and scream and on most days Alex had to pick him up early because the ladies at the day-care couldn't get him to calm down.

2 weeks and he still haven't heard anything from Emilia. He tried texting her, but she never replied. He tired calling, but she never answered. It was coming into the third week when Emilia finally called him and asked him to lunch.

Alex was waiting for Emilia as he sipped on a coffee that he ordered earlier. When Emilia came in she looked around and say Alex sitting at the back drinking coffee as he seemed lost in thought. When Emilia arrived at the table Alex was so consumed by his thought that he didn't notice Emilia standing their until she rested her hand gently on his shoulder to bring him out of whatever got him thinking so hard.

"Emilia." Alex said standing up almost spilling his coffee all over himself.

"Alex." Emilia sat across from Alex as they both sat in silence not sure where wither of them should start.

"How have you been?" Emilia asked when she noticed the dark circles under his eyes and how sullen his eyes looks.

"I am doing ok. Aiden has been causing me some stress. His separation anxiety has been playing up again and he spend most of his days at the office with Philip and myself." Alex sighed and leaned back in the seat closing his eyes.

"How have you been?" Truth be told Emilia hadn't been doing to great herself. She missed Alex and Aiden immensely. She missed being waken up by Aiden jumping on the bed at ungodly hours of the morning or the laughter of both her boys as they chased each other around the house.

"I am doing ok. I miss you." Alex smiled at her and grabbed her hands from across the table.

"I have missed you too." They both fell into uncomfortable silence as Alex's hands played with Emilia fingers.

"Why didn't you tell me Alex?" Emilia finally asked knowing if she didn't she would burst with curiosity.

"I wanted to. So many times. I wanted your opinion as the new job was or is going to affect us. However Philip made me sign a disclosure. One word I would loss my job, credibility and most of my money, not that I care for it, but it would of meant losing you because I wouldn't be able to provide for you." Emilia sighed wishing Philip wasn't such a dick for making Alex sign a disclosure.

"Why did you take the job Alex?" The main question that was on Emilia's mind. Alex looked down at their joined hands as he took a deep breath hoping after this Emilia didn't leave him for good.

"I said no the first time. I gave it a few days and I rang Philip back saying I didn't want to take over the company. I knew how stressful it would be and I knew I would have no time for you or Aiden."

"However Philip bought me into his office again and explained a few thing. The take over is a five year process. Those first 4 years Philip said would be hard a gruelling involving a lot of travel, long hours and a lot of time away from you and Aiden."

"When Philip said this I straight out said no however he the explained during the fifth year everything would calm down. I would get to spend more time at home and I would have lots of people working for me keeping everything inline."

"I agreed because taking to job as CEO may be tough during the first few years, but afterwards I wouldn't have to spend as long in the office. I would have to go in maximum 3 days a week for no longer than an hour or two tops. I would be able to work from home and only need to be there or the final production of marketing ads and help sell certain pitches."