14. Back with a Bang

ابدأ من البداية

"Kya ye line tumne Vamch se sunni hai Vidya? Kon hai ye Vanch?"

A shiver goes down her spine as she hears Vanch's name from Gunny's mouth.

"Agar aap chahein toh mujhse share kar sakti hain Dr. Saxena. I'm a good listener!"

She keeps gazing at him and continues to free her hand from his wrist simultaneously. He doesn't let go off her hand, rather tightens his hold, causing Vidya's heart to skip a beat.

He watches her body language and smilies upon not finding her feeling uncomfortable. She lowers her eyes out of shyness.

"Please let me finish my job Major Randhawa"

Vidya says softly

"Call me Gunny"

Saying so, he withdraws his hold on hers and lets her continue with her work. He smiles watching the blush that creeps on her cheeks.

He has started to affect her!

"Waise, mission ka kya bana?"

Vidya question him!

"Mission has been successful! All thanks to Raj and other Captains!"

"And thanks to you as well!"

She speaks immediately. Realizing what she has said, she lowers her eyes, causing Gunny to smile.  By now, Vidya finishes applying medications on his wounds. Giving him a smile for the first time, she turns to leave when Gunny's voice arrests her.

"Let's talk more about this when we are back to the Ladakh camp!"

A shiver goes down Vidya's spine - He wants to talk about Vanch - her past.

-_-_-_-_-_-

Rushing out of the Operation Theatre, Dr. Shalini informs Naina with a huge smile,

"Naina, Major Rajveer ko hosh aagaya hai. He...he is calling your name"

Tears starts to flow down Naina's eyes as she hears the news. Not caring to answer Dr. Shalini, Naina rushes inside the OT. As soon as she opens the door, her gaze falls on him. He lays on the uncomfortable hospital bed and soon, their eyes meet.

"Rajveer sir..."

She whispers as she takes baby steps towards him.

"Naina!"

He calls out her name softly, yet so lovingly.

She reaches him, so close to him. At this moment, she wants to throw herself in his embrace but refrains herself from doing so. He is wounded. She stares at his wounded arm and a lone of tear escapes from her eyes and falls directly on his wound.

"Kuch kiye bagair hi tumne mere zakhon per marham bhi laga dia"

Rajveer whispers as his gaze shifts from Naina to his wound and then back towards Naina.

Unable to control herself any longer, she clutches his hand tightly. Tears roll down her eyes as she shuts them. Her hold tightens on his hand by every passing second as if she is afraid of him going away from her.

Rajveer slowly moves his other hand and soon, puts it on top of hers.

"Mein theek hoon Naina! Ab tumhe chor kar nahi jaane wala mein"

She slowly opens her eyes at his words and they share an intense eye-lock! Rajveer's gaze shifts from her eyes to her hand and he notices a wound that has been taken care of!

"Tum..tum theek ho Naina?"

His hold on her hand tightens as he asks her, concern evident in his voice.

She smiles at him. Even in this condition, he is worried about her.

"I'm absoloutly fine, sir!"

She assures him

He notices the sudden cheerfulness in her voice that is due to his wellbeing.

They stay in that position for few moments before Naina lowers her eyes. She feels his intense gaze piercing her. Her cheeks turn crimson red as she looks up again and finds a playful smirk paying on his lips.

She withdraws her hold on his hand and tries to take it away. Instead of letting go off her hand,  he tightens his hold.

"I came back for you Naina. What makes you think I will let you go away from me?"

Her heart skips a beat at his words. is he flirting with her? Even in this condition? She tries her best to free her hand, but in vain.

"Sir..aap kya kar rahe hain, please mera hath choriye"

She whispers, trying to free her hand.

His smile widens as he sees the shy smile appearing on her lips. He doesn't let go nor says a word.

"Aap ki halat itni kharab hai or abhi bhi aapko ye sab soojh raha hai?"

She says

"Meri halat jaisi bhi ho Naina. I promise that I won't ever let you go away from me"

Saying in a flirtatious tone, he lets go off her hand. She takess few steps back.

"Sir, mein aapke liye kuch khaane ko laati hoon!"

She turns to leave when his voice arrests her.

"Naina, meri abhi thori se tabiyat theek nahi hai lekin iska ye mathlab nahi hai ke tum mere sawalon se bach jaogi. I love you Naina and you do as well..."

Taking a pause, he continues further, his voice turning intense,

"Mein tumhare soon to be "Ex" Fiance ka naam jaanna chahta hoon"

-_-_-_-_-_-

(A/N: Feedback please!)