F o u r

"If you could choose your superhero name, what would you pick?" The boy in the cell next to her ask. "We're not superheroes you moron. We're experiments." She rolls her eyes but he grins. "Oh come on Greenie, you've got to have some idea what you would choose. I'll go first; my name would be Eclipse. What do you reckon? Good right?" He asks, putting his hands to his hips in a 'superhero' stance. Lorna tried her best not to giggle but failed. "That doesn't make sense Marcos. It's cool and all but isn't an Eclipse when the sun disappears?" She points out with a small laugh and he thinks for a second before smacking his hand against his warm coloured forehead. "Yeah but I still like it anyway. Come on Lorna, what's yours. I know you've thought about it." He pressures and she rolls her eyes. "Fine! But no making fun of me." He points a look at her. "No promises you made fun of me." He replies and she sighs. "My superhero name would be . . . Magnetrix."

Lorna wakes with a start, as she shatters the lights in the house with a silent scream. His name wordlessly spoken as Marcos' laugh still echoing in her head. Her hands grab at the brown leather of the couch as she fights to hold back her tears. She hasn't thought about Marcos in a while.

And by while, Lorna hasn't thought about him since last month. No matter what she does, she always comes back to him.

But there was no point in dwelling in the past, memories don't bring back the dead.

It was a good memory she dreamt of, which was a lot nicer than some of her more, violent or sad dreams about the boy.

Back when there was lots of other experiments. Now, there's only herself and her siblings.

Three. Out of the hundreds of them.

She's alerted by the sound of her brothers pain filled yelp.

"What's with the glass?" He exclaims, his foot in his hand as he takes bits of now red coloured glass from his wound.

"I had a bad dream." It was in fact a good dream, but any dream about Marcos always takes her back to a dark place.

"What did the glass have to do with anything?" Pietro asks, shaking his foot slightly.

"Nothing you idiot. Just go away." Lorna whisper-shouts at her brother as she turns around on the couch with her back facing her brother.

"Hey, I'm sorry." He says once realising how upset Lorna must be.

Walking over - carefully - he sits at the end of the sofa, putting his hand on Lorna's hip so she knew he was there, really there for her.

"What was your dream about?" He asks softly. His question bringing tears to her eyes.

"Who do you think it was about?" That was enough of an answer for Pietro. Forcibly lifting his sister up, he tucks her into her side.

"Hey, Lorna, it'll be alright. He wouldn't want you to be like this." Pietro says, trying to comfort her.

"He wouldn't want anything. He's dead." She sniffles.

"I hate seeing my little sister cry." He adds.

"Little? By how many minutes!" She complains, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Enough." Is his response. An actual smile graces her lips at her dorky 'big' brother.

"What's happening?" Wanda asks as she sees the distressing sign of her siblings actually getting along without killing each other with smart comments.

"He's being an ass its making me cry."

Well nevermind that then. Wanda rolls her eyes and joins her siblings on the couch.

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

Days pass, and Wanda had felt a gnawing sensation in the back of her head. As if something was calling out to her, luring her towards the church in thr centre of Sokovia.

Telling both Lorna and Pietro they agree, though it is most likely a trap, they could still get out if that was the case.

So, when the sun went down, the three siblings had walked from their little home, through the town, which had people talking and bustling about around tents and fires.

Sneaking into the closed chain link fence of the foreclosed church which was in the centre of town. Careful of no one seeing them.

Stepping into the decapitated Church, Wanda needed to pause for a minute, as did Lorna as she looked at the person in the middle with equal confusion as her sister.

"I can't read him." Wanda whispers, something akin to apprehension in her voice.

Lorna answered.

"You can't . . . he's metal?"

Wanda looked away from her sister, before approaching the 'man'.

"Talk. And if you are wasting our time-" She was cut off by the . . . Thing.

"-Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city? The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that. The geometry of belief. " Lorna's eyes meet her brothers, both sharing a shoulder shrug of 'what the hell?'

The metal creature still facing away from them speaks again.

"You're wondering why you can't look inside my head." He directs to Wanda, who responds in a calm and slightly threatening voice.

"Sometimes it's hard. But sooner or later, every man shows himself."

He stands up from the chair, the rag that covered his body taken off as he stands to his full size and might.

Lorna knew he was metal, could feel it.

"Oh, I'm sure they do. But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter."

"I didn't expect. " This she thinks silently. "But I saw Stark's fear, I knew it would control him, make him self-destruct." Wanda responds.

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war, invaders create avengers, people create...smaller people? Uh...children! I lost the word there. " Again, Lorna and Pietro share the same confused and disbelieving look as he continues.

"Children. Designed to supplant them, to help them...end."

"Is that why you've come? To end the Avengers?" Lorna asks, stepping forward a little bit.

"I've come to save the world. But also, yeah. We'll move out right away. This is a start, but there's something we need to begin the real work." He finishes.

The plan now, was heading back to the facility. Something Lorna did not want to do. She liked being out, liked having her freedom, as short-lived as it was.

Yes, the facility would have been cleared out by now, but no matter how empty it is, she would always fear those walls.

No matter how powerful she was. And this metal man, just seemed like another Strucker.

_____________________________________________________________

Thanks everyone x

If you're interested in reading excerpts from new chapters or new books just let me know!

Xx