T e n

The triplets had escaped the lab, Lorna complaining about how she could have ended it all, could have killed Ultron and whatever that thing was inside of the cradle. But neither Lorna’s brother or sister liked the idea of Lorna destroying the gem, if it was as powerful as Doctor Cho had said, it might’ve hurt Lorna. And the siblings already felt guilt beyond belief at the events that had transpired. 

This whole time, Lorna was right in her feelings about Ultron. Knew never to trust him. Pietro shared some of Lorna’s feelings but never did anything about it. It was Wanda who felt the worst. She put this into motion. 

She exploited his fear, ultimately creating Ultron. All the death that’s happened, all the death yet to come. Was on Wanda’s hands.  

“Sister, get that look off your face right now.” Lorna says, taking one look at Wanda’s face, she didn’t need powers to tell what her sister was feeling. “This is not your fault. If anything, it’s all of ours. And Ultron and even Tony Stark. A lot of people had a hand in this Wanda. It’s not your burden to bear on your own.” Wanda let unshed tears finally spill over her cheeks as she runs into Lorna’s arms, letting her sister envelop her. Take everything bad away. 

After Wanda had her little breakdown, the Maximoff’s wandered around the streets of South Korea, waiting for a sign that the Avengers were nearby, hopefully fighting Ultron. They had stopped in a section of the markets where a little square tv sits, a Korean news anchor is talking while the image on the screen behind him shows Captain America fighting with some of Ultron’s drones on top of a truck. 

“We need to help them.” Pietro says as he looks to his sisters, Wanda looks contemplative while a metaphoric lightbulb turns on above Lorna’s head. “I don’t know how to find them.” Says Wanda, looking around for any sign as they move through the streets. 

“You don’t have to, I can.” Lorna says as she focuses hard. Her siblings try to speak but she shoves her index finger in their direction as she whispers “shhh.” 

Her eyes sealed shut tight as she concentrates her powers, seeing everyone as pulses and patterns of magnetic and electronic energy. Everyone’s magnetic aura was different. She hasn’t practiced much with her. . . sight.  

She searched with all her power, she looked for the man with the shield. And a couple of streets away, near the train tracks, she could see him – see his magnetic field. She knew it was him. 

Snapping her eyes open, they shone bright green for a little longer before nodding to her siblings. 

“I know where the Captain is.” That was all she said as she started moving, prompting her siblings to follow her in their confused state. 

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

“All I’m asking is how long you’ve been able to do that?” Pietro asks as they get close to the train tracks. 

“That’s really not important right now Pietro!” Lorna shouted at him as she spots Ultron and the Captain launch getting launched into the moving train. 

Pietro grabs his sisters and speeds them on board, he then speeds towards Ultron, knocking him away from the Captain. Ultron goes to move towards him but Wanda stretches her powers out and warps part of the train to stop him.  

Ultron looks as hurt as a metal creature could look as he says; “Please. Don't do this.” This earns yet another scoff from Lorna. Like he deserves mercy.