Trust

Chapter 5

Trust

Wei Wuxian sat on the opened window, wine pot on one of his hands, his feet dangling while staring at the beautiful moon. He was staying at an inn for in one and a half day, he would arrive in Gu Su, reporting what he found in Fufeng to Lan Wangji. During his journey back from Fufeng, he did a lot of thinking.

The most important thing was why would Zhao Yi could have his old manuscript? What happened after he was presumed dead? He knew about Jin Guangyao's secret chamber where the late Jin clan leader kept all the possessions from the fallen cultivators, including his Suibian. Even thinking about it made Wei Wuxian shuddered. He never thought his sword could seal itself, moreover being kept in Lanling. The Yiling Patriarch took a gulp of his wine and sighed deeply.

Even in his second life he had to deal with the Yin Iron.

He also concerned on how ordinary person could learn from his manuscript and cultivated Crafty Tricks. This was dangerous, but his manuscript and the new Yin Iron was already in Wen Ning and Sizhui's possession. He could feel relief for a while.

"Who would have thought, eh? Someone indeed using the Yin Iron," Wei Wuxian chuckled to himself.

Despite the irony, he knew he wouldn't be alone this time.

In Cloud Recesses, Lan Wangji was standing in front of the Silence Chamber, on the table inside the room, lay Suibian. His right hand holding Wei Wuxian's spell paper. For the past several days, he always looked into it, even his brother knew about it, but never asked him. Although Lan Wangji didn't say it out loud, he kept thinking about Wei Wuxian.

Was he alright?

Did he find any trouble during his investigation?

Moreover, this was about the Yin Iron.

How could someone use it without everyone knowing?

Lan Wangji looked up at the moon, remembering his promise to always keep Wei Wuxian safe.

***

As Wei Wuxian predicted, he arrived at Gu Su one and a half day later, walking to the mountain before tying Little Apple and playing with the rabbits in the back of the mountain for a while before entering the Lan clan gate. A disciple greeted and saluted him, accompanying him to the main hall where he saw Lan Wangji, Lan Xichen...and their uncle.

The Yiling Patriarch chuckled slightly.

Ever since he was staying in the Cloud Recesses, this was the first time for him to meet Lan Qiren aside from the banquet.

Lan Wangji's eyes lit up when he saw Wei Wuxian, even Lan Xichen noticed it and smiled slightly.

"Senior Wei has returned, Master," the disciple said.

Lan Qiren nodded and the disciple saluted him, excusing himself. Wei Wuxian smirked a little and saluted the Master of the Lan clan.

"Master Lan, how have you been? I, Wei Wuxian, greet you."

Lan Qiren cleared his throat and nodded. The Yilling Patriarch lowered his arm and glanced at Lan Wangji.

"How was your trip?" the Chief Cultivator asked.

Wei Wuxian shrugged. "Enjoyable."

"Childe Wei, Wangji said you're investigating the Yin Iron in Fufeng. What happened exactly?" this time it was Lan Xichen.