Fufeng City

Chapter 3

Fufeng City

***

*This chapter is parallel with The Living Dead movie*

***

"Wen Ning."

The air seemed to drop after the Yiling Patriarch uttered the name.

"Is he..."

"No," Wei Wuxian interjected the Second Childe Lan. "If you mean he turns crazy again like the last time in the Burial Mounds, he's not." His expressive eyes darted around, thinking hard, trying to remember the spell paper earlier. The fire was different. It had a bit of black fog.

Could it be?

"The Yin Iron."

He stared at Lan Wangji who was staring in return with questioning eyes.

"Someone controlled the Yin Iron, but it's different. It seems to affect Wen Ning's mind. I've never seen it before."

"It must be urgent, for your spell paper can burn like that," Lan Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian nodded. "That's true." He took a deep breath. "Lan Zhan, I need your help. Keep an eye on me. I'll do something I've never done before. It's more or less like my Paper Metamorphosis, but slightly different."

And Lan Wangji didn't like this at all. "How slightly?"

The Yiling Patriarch pursed his lips, playing his fingers like he did after meeting the Clan Leader Nie. "Slightly is slightly. I can't show you unless you see it for yourself." He grinned.

The Second Childe Lan only huffed and nodded with heavy heart.

Wei Wuxian rose from his seat, moving to his bed, sitting there, hands on his knees. Lan Wangji stood next to him.

"Wei Ying, be careful."

The man who sat on the bed nodded and slowly closed his eyes.

Wei Wuxian let his Demonic Cultivation engulfed his soul, freeing it from his body, trying to trace the Yin Iron. He could see the towns Wen Ning had visited and later, to a town which was dark and dirty. He stood in front of the gate.

Fufeng.

He, then, sensed the dark aura, and let the Yin Iron brought him to a mansion, Xiao mansion.

While The Yiling Patriarch let his soul wandering, Lan Wangji paid close attention to the man with the black hanfu. His posture was relaxing, but he could see Wei Wuxian's eyes socket were moving.

Wei Wuxian's soul was in the mansion, leading him to a hidden room under a pavilion, seeing Sizhui lay on the ground, being pushed by a spell while Wen Ning was standing with his eyes closed, a man with red hanfu laughing and raised Sizhui's sword. He, then, entered Wen Ning's mind.

There, he saw Wen Ning's soul trapped while the other 'Wen Ning' laughed and Wei Wuxian knew, the other one was the spell caused by the man with the red hanfu.

His body in Cloud Recesses suddenly held his knees and Lan Wangji turned alert. He sat next to Wei Wuxian, holding his arm.

"Wei Ying."

In another place, Wei Wuxian watched how the other 'Wen Ning' mocked the Ghost General, choking the real Wen Ning with the immortal iron chain. Narrowing his eyes, Wei Wuxan casted his spell, destroying the other 'Wen Ning' and cut the immortal chain.