No Better

I didn't feel any better when I woke up. I had ended up in Paul's arms at some point during the night and just rolled over away from him.

"Y/N? Are you feeling okay?" he asked gently, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No."

"Do you need to talk? Do you need me to do anything?" he asked.

He was being so sweet and caring and concerned it almost hurt, and I felt tears well up in my eyes as I got emotional all over again.

"I'd just like to be alone right now," I said.

"Alright. Do you want me to get you anything for breakfast? Or anything to eat at all?" he asked.

"No. I don't feel good," I murmured.

"Are you feeling sick?" he asked, walking over and kneeling beside me so we were at eye level once again.

"I don't know. My stomach just doesn't feel right. I think it's just because I'm upset. Please, I'd just like to be alone right now. I know I can't go home, but please just leave me alone."

"Y/N if you want to I can take you back to your house. You don't need to finish the tour," he said.

"I don't want to inconvenience you. It's just three weeks, I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll feel better soon," I said listlessly, not even bothering to look at him.

He put a hand on my cheek, brushing some hair out of my eyes.

"Are you certain?" he asked.

I nodded, finally looking at him.

"Mhm."

He let out a sigh, kissing me gently on the forehead.

"Alright. I'm going to go get showered, I'll be in the suite still so just call if you need anything, alright?" he said.

I nodded again, rolling back over.

"Thank you."

I could hear the sound of the water running as he started the shower. I just laid in bed, hugging myself tightly, tears trickling down my cheeks. I had no reason to be upset. Sure, Eric and Bruce had snapped at me, and Gene had too, but they all had a reason. I had no reason to be so upset, but I couldn't seem to get my emotions under control.

My stomach was churning as I laid in bed. I felt nauseous, my head was aching, and the fact I couldn't stop crying didn't help. Eventually the shower stopped as Paul dried his hair and got dressed. He knocked on the door to our room.

"Y/N? You still doing alright?" he called.

"Mhm."

"Did you want breakfast?"

"No."

"Alright. If you need anything let me know," he said.

"I will."

There was a pause before I could hear his footsteps retreating. With a sigh, I rolled onto my side, staring at the wall before dropping off into a fitful sleep.

I laid in bed all day, alternating between a restless sleep and staring at the wall. Paul continued to ask how I was doing but I just kept dismissing him. Finally, he walked into the room, kneeling beside the bed once again.

"I need to head to the arena, would you like Gene's wife to come keep you company? I'm worried about you love, I don't want you to be alone," he murmured, eyes full of concern.

"Alright. Sure," I said with a shrug.

"I'll call her then," he said, rising to his feet and walking out of the room again.

I just kept lying in bed, trying not to sob again before Paul walked back.

"She'll be here in a few minutes. I'm going to head out, please call me if you need anything," he said gently, kissing me on the forehead.

"Alright. I'll see you later," I said.

"I'll see you tonight. I hope you'll feel better," he said, kissing me again before rising to his feet and walking out of the room.

I began to cry again as soon as the door shut behind him. I laid alone on the bed for a few minutes before there was a knock on the door. With a sob, I stumbled to my feet, pulling open the door. Gene's wife gave me a sympathetic smile, pulling me into a hug.

"There, there dear, it'll be alright," she murmured, patting me on the back.

"Oh H/N, I don't know what's wrong! I just feel so awful, I want to go home, I don't want to be here anymore!" I wailed. (***I'm saying H/N for Her Name since she was Y/N in the other book and I don't want it to be confusing with two Y/Ns!***)

"Here love, let's come and sit down on the couch," she said gently, taking my hand and leading me to the sofa.

I sat next to her, trying to stop my tears.

"Do you want to talk about what's going on?" she asked.

"I don't even know! I've just been so emotional the past few days, every little thing upsets me! I just want to go home," I said, getting overwhelmed all over again.

She nodded, frowning slightly and still hugging me.

"Does anything else feel off? Like have you been feeling sick?" she asked.

"Well I mean I suppose, but I almost always feel sick when I'm upset. I usually get nauseous when I get really anxious. But I did throw up yesterday, which doesn't usually happen," I said slowly.

"I see," she said, and there was a pause before she looked at me. "Y/N, do you know if you've missed a period?" she asked.

I blinked, staring at her in shock.

"Oh no, I couldn't be—" I started, before faltering.

While Paul and I were usually careful, the night I had first come back to his side after running away we had been too excited to be reunited to bother with protection. And that had been a little over a month ago.

"I'm not...sure," I whispered, feeling a fresh wave of tears in my eyes.

H/N put a hand on my shoulder, giving me a gentle smile.

"It'll be okay love I promise. Would you like to go get a test?" she asked.

I took a deep breath before nodding.

"I think that would be smart," I choked.

I could feel myself getting all emotional again, only now the chief emotion was fear. Because the absolute last thing I wanted was to be pregnant.