Chapter 14: The wind.

Start from the beginning

I couldn't breathe. My head in my hands. Tears falling. I was having trouble thinking.

What had I done?
Was I worth it?
Does she still want me?

My phone buzzed

Layla
Leave me on opened one more time and you're going to regret it.
6:49 am

I felt Alex touch my shoulder. He wrapped me in a hug slowly bringing me back to reality. Memories that have been burned but had been brought back just now.

"Breathe with me George ok? Take a deep breath in, 1..2..3..4 ok now let it out 1..2..3..4. Come on, keep breathing with me."

Tears slowly stopped staining my face. My breathing slowed down. Thoughts stopped racing inside my mind. Reality crashing down on my shoulders. Feelings scattered.

"Hey, wanna talk about it?"

I looked over at my phone and Alex understood quickly. He read the message. He brought me in for another hug. This is where I break down and cry again. Somehow we ended up on the floor hugging while I was crying.

We were going to be late because of me. I wiped away my tears and stood up and so did Alex. I put on a black north face windbreaker and Alex followed.

Stepping outside where it was dull and smelled like wet dirt.

"I would drive but supposedly I can't." I nodded in Alex's direction and smiled a weak smile. I turned on the car and pulled out of the driveway.

I thought back to the last time we had talked.

Layla
George you need to understand this isn't your fault. I miss you I love you. Please just I don't know take me back. I made a mistake I've learned please George. He's trash.
6 months ago

You
Layla I do. I really want you. But you hurt me really bad. I can't just forgive you.
6 months ago

Layla
George let not forget the way you treated me too.
6 months ago

You
What the hell did I do to you? Did I cheat on you? Did I manipulate you? Did you make me think that you loved me but in reality you fucked him instead. For all I know you moaned his name!
6 months ago

Layla
I can't remember what you did to me.
6 months ago

You
You can't remember because I didn't do shit to you Layla. Fuck off.
6 months ago

Layla
You like guys.
6 months ago

You
What?
6 months ago

Layla
You told me you like guys before we started dating. God imagine being gay. Dating your same gender is against gods wishes.
6 months ago

I left her on opened. I didn't want to deal with her shit. The only people that know I like guys is Alex, my parents, I think clay and Sapnap know, and Layla. That it. If I was ever outed I'd actually cry. Not because I'm ashamed but because I know that the lgbtq community isn't accepted where I live.

I could get hurt because of who I like. I could get killed. Bullied. That's something I'd rather not live with. It's better being a secret.

I turned to McDonald's.

"Get me the pancake thing. Those are yummy" Alex patted his stomach while saying that. I made a small laugh and ordered our food.

We ate in the car in comfortable silence. He knows how much I hate talking about my feelings.

"Thanks for the food." Alex opened up his phone. Got out of the car and went inside the McDonald's. A few minutes passed and Alex had come out with a few papers

"What are those?" I pointed to the papers in his hand.

"Job application."

—Wensday 2:56 pm

School had went fine. I talked to my very little friends. That's how my day went.

Scared.
Lonely.
Sad.

—short ending but anyways
Foreshadowing 😳?