Chapter 3

Credit for the beautiful cover goes to @BeginningDesigner 

"Daddy?"

Nivanya said quietly in the middle of the night. Om was fast asleep and Nivanya woke up. She wanted milk, and since her dad was asleep, she decided to get off the bed and get milk herself. She knew that he was really tired, and he deserved to have some sleep. She was a big girl...she was four years old, nearly five. She could pour a cup of milk by herself.

Nivanya got off the bed and walked out of the room, quietly so she didn't wake anyone up. She was thinking about waking up Arista, but Arista would be cranky if someone woke her up in the middle of her sleep.

She walked downstairs and then went in the kitchen. She opened the fridge and took out the carton of milk. She looked around for her favourite Disney Princess mug then realised something....

Nivanya: uff yeh Nidhi didi bhi na. She always puts my mug on the high shelf.

She kept the milk carton back in the fridge and suddenly heard footsteps. Her heart skipped a beat for a minute as she tried to figured out what to do.

Before Nivanya could do anything, she saw a tall figure enter the kitchen.

Nivanya: daddy!

Om: hi princess!

Nivanya: daddy, you should go back to sleep. It's not morning yet.

Om: it isn't?

Nivanya: haan.

Om: then why are you awake meri jaan?

Nivanya: voh daddy, I want milk and Nidhi didi kept my mug on high shelf.

Om: kya?

Nivanya: haan and I told her many times that Nidhi didi, keep my princess mug where I can reach it.

Om: oh! Bechara.

Nivanya: I know right. Uff now I have to talk to the kitchen staff again. I have to be very bossy.

Om: you are not going to be bossy to anyone. I'll get your mug and you can have milk okay?

Nivanya: okay! Daddy?

Om: bolo.

He said as he walked to the cupboard and got out Nivanya's princess mug.

Nivanya got out the carton of milk as she said: can we watch a movie now that you're awake?

Om looked at his daughter with a raised eyebrow as he took the milk carton from her hands. He poured the milk into the mug as he said: hmmm let me think.....

Nivanya: just say yes!

Om: don't you have school tomorrow?

Nivanya: no....well yes, but school is not fun so we can skip it. What say?

She looked at her dad, innocently and with her big black eyes. Om looked at his little princess and at her big black eyes, slowly fading away into a memory....

Girl: I think we should go to Chota Kashmir.

She said as Om made a left turn.

Om: don't you have work tomorrow?

Girl: being forced to work with your dad is not work! Well it's not work if you're not getting paid for it.

Om looked at her with a raised eyebrow before focusing on the road again.

Om: it's still work even if you're not getting paid for it, so I am dropping you home before your dad kills me.

Girl: I think that going on those cute little boats on that lake, having some snacks there and taking more cute couple photos will be fun. Also my dad won't kill you as long as I actually come home.