"You have work today." Leah frowned. "You need your sleep."

"I'm fine." Juliet brushed it off. "So, aren't you going to tell me everything?"

"You're ridiculous." Leah chuckled. The sun had begun to rise, and the clouds had begun to move, sending a few sunbeams through Leah's curtains. One hit Juliet just right, illuminating the side of her face and making her eye look like it was glowing. "And beautiful."

"Stop." The light betrayed Juliet's smile, and blush. Leah pulled her closer, their heads now resting on the same pillow.

"I have something to ask you." Leah's voice was suddenly serious.

"What is it?" Juliet's eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, I...I realized, while you were at the party, that I never asked you to be my girlfriend." Juliet's eyes widened slightly. "So, will you?"

"Of course, Leah, I figured I already was." Juliet chuckled. "I hope you realize I'm with you forever. You didn't really need to ask."

"I know, I just..." Leah sighed. "I wanted to make it official."

"Official it is, then." Juliet's hand untangled itself from Leah's hair, and she ran her fingers lightly across Leah's cheek. "Does this mean I'm gonna have to be the one who proposes?" Leah laughed.

"We'll see about that, I have a few thoughts of my own." She joked, and Juliet giggled. Juliet's hand rested against Leah's face once again, and her thumb lightly ran over Leah's lips.

"I love you." Juliet smiled.

"I love you, too." Leah smiled back. They looked at each other for a few moments before they both had begun to lean in. Juliet's heart began to race. Kissing Leah was the one thing she always wanted to do, whenever she saw her, but it was the one thing she felt like she couldn't do. Leah was still her best friend, their relationship hadn't changed much after Leah imprinted. And Juliet liked that. She never wanted anything to change, at all, so the last few months were near hell. But, the one thing keeping her sane was Leah.

Their lips brushed against each other, Leah pulling back slightly. Her eyes searched over Juliet's face, looking for hesitation. Something, anything. Even now, Leah was still half convinced Juliet was only saying she loved her to keep Leah happy. It was delusional, as Jake had so nicely pointed out, but she couldn't help it. Instead of hesitation, Leah found longing. So, she moved closer, and pressed her lips against Juliet's. The kiss didn't last long, not more than a few seconds, but it was long enough to make Juliet dizzy. When they pulled back, Leah had a small, pleased smile on her face.

"Get some sleep, Jules." She whispered. "I'll be right here when you wake up."

——————

"Why?" Juliet stirred at Leah's voice.

"That's all Emily said, Sam's called a meeting." Seth's voice was distant. "Do you think it's about them?"

"Probably." Leah sighed. "Go, I'll catch up." The bedroom door shut, and Juliet cracked her eyes.

"What's going on?" She asked. Leah had sat up, and a frown was on her face.

"Nothin, don't worry about it." Leah sighed as she slipped out of bed. Juliet sat up, glancing outside. It was an overcast day, though the sun was just beginning to break through the clouds.