Chapter3: Another day, Another slice of Cake

ALEX

TAP!
TAP!
TAP!

"What the... HEY! WAIT UP!" I dashed towards their direction, dodging every single student and teacher walking in my way. I couldn't help but feel more energized by running. A few minutes layer, I arrived in our usual canteen table. Jessica was grinning victoriously. Will on the other hand was cleaning his glasses. Luke was sitting on the table with an apathetic expression, wiping off sweat from his forehead. Wait... Did he run too?

"Looks like someone's gonna run fifty laps around the gym." Jessica hummed. An anger mark grew on my forehead. "Awww... Don't be sad, Alex. Gunther would be very willing to join you and keep you company." She continued to tease.

I stared at her in disgust. "Please don't." The thought just filled me with discomfort. I could hear both laugh at my agony. I looked at them, and saw that even Luke himself was silently chuckling. "YOU TOO?!" My jaw dropped as this was my first time seeing him laugh.

"Well, I do agree on both of you looking great together." He shrugged and cleared his throat. I slumped on my chair in defeat.

"We're just kidding, Al." Jessica ended and gave both guys a look, but her smile never faded. Right. "So anyways, Where's Orion? I mean... Titus." She glanced at Luke, who's smile suddenly faded and was replaced by irritation. He only stared at another direction and this caused us to follow.

There, coming towards our direction was Prince Orion Carter Titus Williams. You heard me. PRINCE. Yes, This school is actually filled with royalty. Titus was one of them and so was his sibling. "Good Noon!" Titus smiled at us as he was carrying a long tray filled with lots of food. Huh?

He placed plates filled with dishes in front of each of us. "It's my turn to bring lunch today. Enjoy!" He beamed before sitting beside me. He looked at all of us, watching our reactions. All of us gaped at the meals in front of us. All of us except Luke.

"Wow. I know that it's your turn to pay the meal, but I didn't expect... THIS." Jessica stared in amazement. I nodded in agreement. My plate was filled with mashed potatoes bathed in gravy stacked on a piece of steak, a huge piece of breaded chicken, and a good serving of carbonara. As if my face hadn't shown the image of starvation, my stomach began to grumble loudly.

Guuurbrrr!

They all stared at me. My cheeks felt hot with embarrassment. "I... Uh... Ermm..." I couldn't think of the right words to say. Talk about staying proper in front of a prince. Titus only smiled sweetly. "It's alright, Lexie! I'll take that as a compliment."

"Lexie, huh?" Will grinned widely.

I gave him a 'DON'T.YOU.DARE' glare. He only chuckled and adjusted his glasses. Titus titled his head with his eyebrow raised. "What? I mean... If she doesn't like being called Alexandra, It'd be best to give her a nickname. I call Jessica, Jessie, all the time--"

Jessica shoved a piece of steak inside his mouth before he could finish. "Now, Now... Don't talk with your mouth full or you'll choke!" She smiled eerily at him. Yikes! Remind me to never mess with Jessica. EVER. Titus only chewed and swallowed in response, apparently ignoring her deadly stare. How does he even survive?! Apparently, He's probably the only guy I've seen not even bothered by Jessica's death glare. Wow.

"So... Aren't any of you going to touch your food? I made it myself..." He blinked. He looked at all of us. Jessica and Will's cheery expression became dreadful. "You... Made it... yourself?" They gulped and stared at their plates as if it were radioactive. I raised my eyebrow at them. Though, Luke was already way ahead of us. He was already halfway through his mashed potatoes. The other two looked at him with horrified looks on their faces. Weird.