♯002| 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞. • kill me? you can try.

Start from the beginning

You walked in confidently as you scanned your surroundings. You looked up as you proceeded to walk forward. A giant chandelier decorated with a multitude of  candles with intricate lantern designs was hung above you. It was truly breath taking.

"Hey! What are yo-" a voice called out to you breaking your thoughts.
"H-HUH" you exclaimed before tripping over your own feet and bumping into someone. You face planted into someone's chest.

"Ow" you winced out rubbing your head, squinting at the pain.
"Are you okay?" The mysterious figure asked. You waved your hand.
"Yea yea I'm fine don't worry-" Your heart dropped as your eyes flickered up to the tall figure you hit. It was your target. Your heart stopped as you remembered Scaramouche's description of him.

Orange hair? Check.
Dead inside blue ocean like eyes with no light inside of them? Check.
A tall figure? Check.

It was him.

He was wearing a great suit and tie neatly pampered and dressed. His tall figure loomed over you as a concerned and stunned stare met you.
He waved a hand in front of you as you shook your head. Not me getting lost in thoughts after bumping into my target.

"Hey, do you need a drink or something? You took a pretty bad hit to my chest haha." He chuckled. His voice sounded like candy to your ears. It was soft warm with a slightly charm to it. How am I going to kill this guy-

Your cheeks flushed slightly as you were taken aback from his comment.
"I'd love to have a drink" you responded quickly still trying to process what happened. You could still feel the embarrassment from what just happened not even 10 seconds ago.
He smiled sweetly and swiftly guided you by the waist and to the drinks table.

"So, are you from Liyue? I haven't seen you around Shneznaya. Someone pretty as you, I would've know of right away." He smugly said go's cling down at you.
"Yup. I'm from Liyue." You said popping the p in your yup. You were lying through your teeth and you knew that he knew you were lying. He gave you a scrutinising look before fading back into his usual sweet expression.

He poured a glass of wine for you and him as he handed it to you.
"The name's Childe, but I also go by Tartaglia by the way. I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves. Unless, you already knew that..." He stated examining your movements carefully.
You simply gifted him an small smile as you held your glass of wine.

"Nice to meet you Childe, my names Y/N." You swiftly answered back, avoiding his last statement. You spun your wine softly as you smiled back at him.
"Sorry about before. Ahem... I was distracted by the lighting." You explained.

He let out a hearty chuckle that made your heart tingle slightly.
"Of course, that's what most people say when they meet me, I don't blame you" He said teasingly. You stood there shocked. Was he being serious and flirting at you? It hasn't even been five minutes-

"They say the same about me too, so don't worry too much Childe" you replied back, matching his cocky demeanour. His eyes widened as he let out another chuckle.

"We'll get along splendidly then, won't we? You seem like a formidable comrade Y/N." He said, sipping his wine. Get along...? No we can't, I have to kill you by tonight.

You have a weak smile and sipped up out of yours.
"O-of course, I'll be looking forward to seeing our partnership." You say. Childe's eyes widened as he looked at his watch.

"Please excuse me Y/N, I have to go check something real quick" he abruptly interrupted, putting down his glass of wine on the table.
"I'll be back so don't go running off on me now~" he says as he quickly jogged out of sight before you could protest.

Your eyes followed him as he left the your vicinity, leaving your sight. A soft sigh left your lips as it was time. It was nice knowing you pretty boy. I'm sorry.

Your hands wrapped carefully around his glass of wine, bringing it closer to you. Discretely the white substance trickled into his drink slowly. You felt a sense of guilt wash over you. He didn't deserve it but it was what had to be done.

That should be enough to knock him out for good right?, now we just wait for him to come back.

"What do you think your doing" he purred. Your heart stopped, you tried to escape but it was no use. An arm arm dragged you away from the drinks table, bringing you to the corner of the room. A strong grip could be felt tightly wrapped around your neck, with a cold blade pressed against your thigh.

❝ Nah ah, not so fast now. ❞

He murmured softly into your ear. His body pressed closely against yours. You could feel his cold blade and touch slither up your thigh. Your breath hitched as his grip around your neck became tighter.
"I'll say it again cutie... what are you trying to do to me?" He said sternly, his lips brushing against your chin.

You stayed silent squirming in his tight grip. He didn't even flinch.
"We're comrades right, don't make this difficult now. I knew you were different from the beginning... so tell me. What are you really doing here?" He said threateningly again.

You gulped as breathing became more and more difficult.
"Scaramouche sent me-" you wheezed out trying to pry at his hands. You caved in. You didn't want to kill him anyway, screw your reputation. You couldn't do it. He was different.

He let go of his grip on you and withdrew his blade. You turned around, trying to catch your breath as you pant. Surprisingly you were still close to him, inches away face to face. His gaze was concentrated on the floor. His fist bunched up. The atmosphere seemed deadly and thin, it be could sliced with a knife.

"Someone's dying tonight. And it's not me." He sneered dangerously under his breath as he grabbed your wrist gently tugging you in closer. Your nose brushed against his with his lips a breath away from yours.

"Bring him to me."

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌊ミ ◦∘ ═════╗
F I N I S H

A/N:
CHILDE BRAIN ROT GO BRRR. Who ya'll rolling for?
SORRY THIS WAS SO LATE! exams and assignments really be racking up these days.
I hope you liked this cliff hanger type beat, thought it'd be spicy lmao.
Again! as usual
Thank you so much for ya'lls support again!! <3 it means the world to me
I SWEAR ILL REPLY TO EVERYONE'S COMMENTS SOON, THSNK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SPAM RECENTLY MY EMAILS ARE GOING LOCO. LOL