Chapter Twenty Nine-The Devil's heart

Start from the beginning

But most of all he can't look at himself in the mirror again. Cause every time he does, he sees nothing but the picture of a defeated man.

"Gulf?" Mild called from the doorway makning Gulf look at him. 

"What is it?"

"Mr. Richard is here."

A spark of hope ignited inside Gulf. This was the man handling this case. Maybe he found something. He hurriedly stood up, composing himself then walking fast towards the room. 

The policeman was a small man in height. Anyone could've mistaken him for a gardener or a doctor by first look. But he was one of the best in this field. 

"Mr. Ricahard...Do you've any news?"

The man stood up seeing Gulf enter. The hopeful look in the man's eyes was making Richard feel guilty. Two years back, this black eyed man was the same person who saved him from a political fiasco. But now that he needs help, he still couldn't find anything."

"I'm sorry Mr. Kanawut. There was no new clues. We tried everything."

The hope in his eyes was gone again as he sat down. "Did they left nothing that we could track ethem with?"

"No. It was a clean cut operation. We couldn't find anything but...."

Gulf looked at him with confusion. "But what?"

"We did found a thing on the floor of the hospital room." He took a packet out of his pocket handing it to Gulf. "It was the only thing we found lying on the floor. Maybe it belongs to the kidnapper."

Gulf didn't answer. His eyes were fixed on the thing inside the packet. It was all worn out. The color faded already. He took it in his hand with trembling fingers.

"If it belongs to the kidnappe then maybe we can track it's store?"

"It doesn't belong to the kidnapper." His voice wavered as he holds the ring with care. His eyes breaming with tears.

You still have it. You still hold onto it. Even after all these years, you still have it. Why? Why. Why you have it. Why?

As if to answer his question Mild spoke from behind. "It is Mew's." Gulf looked at him. Mild was crying again as he looked at the ring. 

"For the last five years, it was the only thing he never let go of. He always treasured this for some reason. That idiot would start panicking just at the tought of losing it."

It felt something grab at his heart twisting it painfully. His eyes were still fixed on the ring. It wasn't expensive. It looks more old. 

But he could tell just by looking at it. That man took great care of it. He gripped on the ring trying not let the tear escapes. 

"I'll find him." He looked up at Mild. The anxious and uneasiness were replaced by determination and love. "Even if I've to go through hell, I'll still find him."

Mild broke down into tears again while nodding his head. 

Gulf can see the uncertainity in his eyes. But it didn't effect him. He knows what he needs to do now.

Just wait a little more. Just wait a little more for me. I'm coming for you.

He can feel the cold and the fear. The darkness of the room was only increasing his fear. There was nobody else in this room. It seems like a warehouse. No windows. No light. That was all he was seeing for the past week.