𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 -- I

0

0.1 - ❛ foreward ❜

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀 𝐌𝐂𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋 had never been anxious to check the Book of Admittance, until now. She heard the stories, all those years ago, and she could only hope they weren't entirely true. On that fated night of August 31st, 1981, Voldemort appeared at the Black residence. He had heard about a prophecy made by a seer and he had theories that it was about the Black's daughter, plus one of his most valued death eaters had gone missing. The quiet house was soon filled with screams of terror and agony, coming from none other than Isla Black née LaRue. To the rest of the wizarding world, August 31st, 1981 was the downfall of the Black family, all of them, including the almost 2 year old Cordelia Black. What they didn't know was Regulus Black had gone missing almost 3 weeks prior, breaking the promise he made to his wife that they would destroy the horcruxes together. Their daughter also miraculously survived that night, unbeknownst to all parties because of a family heirloom necklace passed down to her. Voldemort left that night feeling weak and confused. He, the Dark Lord, hadn't been able to harm the girl, he had been thrown out of the house by a blast of magic, confusing him even more and damaging him.

Cordelia Black didn't know it at the time, but her life crumbled that night. Dorcas Meadows had been the first to arrive at the horrific murder scene, breaking down at the sight of her dead best friend. She had been blinded by the need for revenge than to take the child in her own care, instead going after the Dark Lord herself, not knowing it would be her downfall. Dorcas gave Cordelia to one of Islas old friends, a middle aged woman of the name Jodie Henderson and leaving her on her doorstep with a letter. She didn't know that the lady would give the girl to an orphanage because she couldn't financially take care of both of them. The young Black girl didn't know of her supposed "death" She also didn't know of the wizarding worlds existents, magic only being something she grew up dreaming of.

Professor McGonagall climbed to stairs of the tower that contained the Book of Admittance and Quill of Acceptance. It had been her duty for as long as she could remember to write the letters to the incoming first years that the quill wrote down in the ancient book.

Pulling out parchment and a quill, Minerva let out a shaky breath before stepping infront of the book. The Book of Admittance opened up to a page with numerous names scribbled in neat, fancy writting. Green eyes scanned the page, jumping to the B last names and Minerva's breath got caught in her throat as she saw the name 'Cordelia Black' etched onto the page.

Getting up and abandoning the task at hand, the Professor rushed down the staircase she just went up and quickly made her way to the Headmasters office. Not bothering to knock she burst into the grand office, nearly tripping over her own feet.